Bcn Market Inn Rooms
Comte Borrell 41 , Barcelona, Spain
Doubles from: $109 to $374
Check Rates for Bcn Market Inn RoomsChecking Rates for Bcn Market Inn RoomsNo availability
Situated in a lovely 19th-century building (with elevator!) in central-yet-not-touristy Eixample, the basic and convenient Bcn Market Inn offers 16 guest rooms with shared baths plus five private apartments. This place has its quirks and will not be for everyone, but it’s quite a deal for independent, unfussy travelers and those traveling in groups.
Rooms are equipped with a fan only (no TV or air conditioning), and all have access to a communal kitchen and lounge. Apartments can sleep two to 14 people and come with a private bathroom and kitchenette. Some also offer a TV with DVD player and/or a private terrace.
• Cheap and basic. With their shared bathrooms and minimal amenities, the private rooms at the BCN Market Inn may have a hostel feel, but they are uber-cheap, and guests report that they are quite clean.
• "Local" feel. The kitchens and pretty, residential neighborhood make this is a good spot for self-catering guests looking to feel like a local. Apartments give extra convenience, and private rooms have the feel of sharing a room in a larger apartment (a good or bad thing depending on your style).
• Some complaints. The hotel receives mixed reviews, with guests complaining about everything from noise (both from the street and other guests), the lack of street-facing windows in many rooms and a staff that speaks little English. However, just as many find the accommodations to be convenient and comfortable, the staff friendly and the overall experience a solid value.
• Shared bathrooms. Guests report that the shared bathrooms are clean, but some warn that the hot water sometimes runs out.
• Good for groups. With apartments that sleep as many as eight adults (and one whopper that holds up to 14), the Bcn Market Inn is a fabulous deal for those traveling in groups or planning an extended stay.
• Free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and apartments.
• Some arrival quirks. Reception is limited, so guests are asked to inform the hotel of their anticipated arrival time in advance. Note that arrival after 10 p.m. will be subject to a surcharge, payment is due upon check-in and the hotel accepts cash only.
The Bcn Market Inn’s location is rather unbeatable. It’s pretty and “local,” and a variety of areas and sights, including Montjuic, the Boqueria market, University and Plaça Catalunya, are all within easy walking distance.
• Metro: The hotel is located about five minutes from both the Sant Antoni stop on the Purple/L2 line and the Poble Sec stop on the Green/L3 line.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Bcn Market Inn Rooms and have included it in our Barcelona guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Breakfast Extra Charge
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Internet Access
Comte Borrell 41
Eixample, Barcelona, Spain
About the Bcn Market Inn Rooms neighborhood
The Eixample is located just North of El Raval and the Gothic Quarter. It's home to Barcelona's most expensive shopping, swankiest residences and best examples of Catalonian Modernist architecture, with its wild ornamentation and extreme Art Nouveau flair. Antoni Gaudí's world-famous Sagrada Familia cathedral can be found here.