Doubles from: $50
Check Rates for Hotel EverestChecking Rates for Hotel EverestNo availability
The Hotel Everest is a friendly and comfortable one-star property situated in pretty Eixample near the Sagrada Familia. Its 17 guest rooms come with air conditioning, a private bathroom, satellite TV, phone and free Wi-Fi.
• Great value. Guests love the Hotel Everest for its friendly staff, comfortable rooms and fabulous location. That the rates are awesomely low almost seems secondary (almost).
• Comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Guests are all a-flutter over the Everest’s comfy beds and large, modern bathrooms (it’s not often in the budget hotel world that we see so much praise for either).
• Some noise issues. While the neighborhood is relatively quiet, some guests complain that thin walls can mean noise from fellow travelers.
• Friendly service. Guests rave about the hotel’s helpful crew (although a few note that staff members speak very little English).
• Roof terrace with impressive views.
• Elevator quirks. The hotel Everest has an elevator, with some limitations. Guests complain that there is no elevator access between the ground and first floors, and then no access above the sixth floor.
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
• Breakfast is not offered, but there are many cafés nearby.
The Everest is located outside of most of the tourist action (which means quieter and a more “local” feel) and very near Gaudí’s masterpiece, La Sagrada Familia, as well as Hospital de Sant Pau, a lovely, Modernist building. Parc Guell is about a 20-minute walk away.
• Metro: The hotel is two blocks from the Sant Pau/Dos de Maig stop on the Blue/L5 line. The Alfons X (Orange/L4 line) and Sagrada Familia (Purple/L2 line) stops are each within a 15-minute walk.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Hotel Everest and have included it in our Barcelona guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Bathroom: Private
Read Verified Reviews from our Partners
About the Hotel Everest neighborhood
The Eixample is located just North of El Raval and the Gothic Quarter. It's home to Barcelona's most expensive shopping, swankiest residences and best examples of Catalonian Modernist architecture, with its wild ornamentation and extreme Art Nouveau flair. Antoni Gaudí's world-famous Sagrada Familia cathedral can be found here.