Carrer del Comerç, 33, Barcelona, Spain
Doubles from: $34 to $116
Check Rates for Pension CiudadelaChecking Rates for Pension CiudadelaNo availability
Situated in happening La Ribera, the Pension Ciudadela offers 10 bare-bones rooms with shared or private bathrooms and some of the cheapest rates we’ve seen in Barcelona. Each room is air conditioned and outfitted with a TV, safe and free Wi-Fi. Most rooms also have a balcony, and the hotel has an elevator.
• Super-Cheapo. We’ll admit it, we go gaga over rates like these (we saw as low as €20 for a low-season double), especially when they come with friendly service and a great location.
• Cool El Born location. La Ribera, or El Born, is an up-and-coming ‘hood that combines old-town charm with a hip, youthful vibe and cool restaurants and nightlife.
• Clean and comfy. Guests report that the rooms are basic and a bit worn, but also very clean.
• Street noise. Noise can be a problem in this bustling area, so be sure to pack earplugs.
• Some shared bathrooms. Guests say that the bathrooms are clean but can get busy, especially as there are no sinks in the rooms. But, at these rates you can spring for a private bathroom and still have euros to spare.
• Breakfast is not provided but there are plenty of options in the area.
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout (although some guests complain that it’s slow).
Lively La Ribera is close to all the tourist spots without being too touristy itself. There are loads of great eating and nightlife options here, and you’re also close to the Picasso Museum and History of Catalunya Museum, Park Ciutadella and the beach.
• Metro: The hotel is a short walk from the Barceloneta stop on the Orange/L4 line, and its postition across the street from Estació de França makes getting to and from the airport a breeze.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Pension Ciudadela and have included it in our Barcelona guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Cash Only
- Reception: Limited Hours
- Vending Machines
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Balconies/Terraces Available
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
- Hair Dryer
Carrer del Comerç, 33
La Ribera, Barcelona, Spain
About the Pension Ciudadela neighborhood
Located just east of the Gothic Quarter, La Ribera is the hot new neighborhood in town. Its twisting, ancient streets packed with trendy galleries, bars, cafés and nightclubs. The beach is a five-minute walk to the south, and La Rambla is ten minutes to the west. Other neighborhood points of interest include the Parc de Ciutadella (with its parrot-filled palm trees) and the renowned Picasso Museum.