Diputacio, 251, 2, Barcelona, Spain
Doubles from: $26 to $151
Check Rates for Somnio HostelsChecking Rates for Somnio HostelsNo availability
The Somnio Hostels is a sort of hostel/hostal hybrid. Its private singles and doubles are pricey for a hostel (or even a hostal), but for young travelers willing to crash in a dorm, the place is a good deal. Either way, it’s clean and reliable, if a tad basic. Some doubles have a private bathroom and the rest of the rooms share facilities. Wi-Fi is free and the hostel has an elevator.
• Reliable services. The Barcelona Somnio is the flagship of a small hostel chain founded by two sisters who wanted to create a new breed of hostels with a high standard of excellence. Accommodations are clean, comfortable and safe.
• Friendly service. Part of the Somnio mission is friendly, attentive service, and guests confirm that the vibe here is cozy and the staff super welcoming.
• A value for dorms. We’ll be honest: We’ve seen other rooms in Barcelona that are cheaper, have more amenities, or both. The dorms, however, are a solid value.
• Great, central location. The hostel is situated on the edge of Eixample, within a few blocks from Plaça Catalunya, the heart of the city.
• Shared bathrooms. The priciest doubles have private facilities, but most bathrooms are shared (and a few guests complain that there are too few bathrooms to service the amount of guests).
• Breakfast is not offered but there are a number of cafés in the area.
• Wi-Fi is free throughout the property.
Location is one of the hostel’s best attributes. It’s just steps from Plaça Catalunya, the University and Passeig de Gracia, home to some of Gaudí’s most important works. Las Ramblas and the CCCB (contemporary art museum) are also within easy walking distance.
• Metro: Plaça Catalunya, just a few blocks from the hostel, is a transportation mecca, where you can catch the Red/L1 line and many a bus. Even closer (a block away) is the Passeig de Gracia stop, with access to the Purple/L2 and Yellow/L4 lines.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Somnio Hostels and have included it in our Barcelona guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Breakfast Extra Charge
- Laundry Service
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Internet Access
Diputacio, 251, 2
Eixample, Barcelona, Spain
About the Somnio Hostels neighborhood
The Eixample is located just North of El Raval and the Gothic Quarter. It's home to Barcelona's most expensive shopping, swankiest residences and best examples of Catalonian Modernist architecture, with its wild ornamentation and extreme Art Nouveau flair. Antoni Gaudí's world-famous Sagrada Familia cathedral can be found here.