And the “Sheep Herder Of The Year” Award Goes To…
Our favorite polyglot shepherd
You didn’t think we’d let the current award season pass by without creating our own EuroCheapo award category, did you?
Not only do we have keen eyes for hard-to-find budget hotels, but we can spot a fine photo-op while we’re on the hunt, too. This one comes from the French Alps. It was snapped while EuroCheapo staffer Pete was attempting (at no point, mind you, lost) to get back to Marseille for some bouillabaisse.
Mr. Sheep Herder proved to be quite a linguist, comfortably speaking to motorists in French, German, English, and Italian. Pas mal.
About the author
About the author: An Ohio native, Pete Meyers was bred on family road trips and the Beach Boys. When not working at EuroCheapo HQ in NYC, Pete likes to be found eating bouillabaisse anywhere in the south of France.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- When is the best time of the year to visit Paris?
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- WOW, $99 to Europe? Yes, but the devil is in the details
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations