Athens: DJ Qbert in the house this weekend
Calling all fans of technically-skilled DJs and of the Invisibl Scratch Picklz! If you’re in Athens this week, here’s some good news: DJ Qbert is in town! If you’re unfamiliar with Qbert, check out the documentary DJ Qbert For Intellectual Dummies or pretend to be him by playing his character in Tony Hawk’s Underground video game.
Tuesday and Wednesday nights he’ll be performing at One Happy Cloud (Aristofanous 12, Psiri, +30-210-322-2256) beginning at midnight. Tickets are only €15 per person—not bad for a legend—and if you want to make sure you get in, go early, as only 100 people will be admitted to the club each night.
About the author
In order to keep a promise she and her brother had made to their grandmother (and to simultaneously fulfill one of her own dreams) Kaymaria left her beloved hometown of Oakland, California and headed to Athens in time for the 2004 Olympics. Today, she continues to work and play in the Greek capital, where you may find her writing atop Lykavittos, road-tripping with overseas guests, enjoying Athens cafés with friends, dancing to Greek hip-hop music, or reading Greek subtitles in an outdoor cinema. The daughter of two life-long educators and enthusiastic travelers, Kaymaria has explored North America, Mexico, and Europe. It was not until she spent a year as an exchange student at The University of York in England, however, that she discovered that she does not actually speak English.
Most popular posts
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
- Barcelona Food: Five cheap eats under €6
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations