Athens Flash: Fruit Stand S’berries Cheap Right Now!
Low fruit stand prices are a great way to gauge what’s local, fresh, and in season; they also provide a wonderful excuse to interact with locals. And because buyers can purchase fruit in small amounts from fruit stands, there’s no need to stress out about refrigeration. Eat up!
About the author
In order to keep a promise she and her brother had made to their grandmother (and to simultaneously fulfill one of her own dreams) Kaymaria left her beloved hometown of Oakland, California and headed to Athens in time for the 2004 Olympics. Today, she continues to work and play in the Greek capital, where you may find her writing atop Lykavittos, road-tripping with overseas guests, enjoying Athens cafés with friends, dancing to Greek hip-hop music, or reading Greek subtitles in an outdoor cinema. The daughter of two life-long educators and enthusiastic travelers, Kaymaria has explored North America, Mexico, and Europe. It was not until she spent a year as an exchange student at The University of York in England, however, that she discovered that she does not actually speak English.
Most popular posts
- 10 free things that will make you fall in love with London
- Roll with it, Folks: Venice is not going to ban your suitcase
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- WOW, $99 to Europe? Yes, but the devil is in the details
- 10 French phrases that will save you money in Paris
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- Why You Should Never Buy Water in Paris
- Visiting Paris for the first time: 8 rookie mistakes to avoid
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations