Aer Lingus: Athens, It’s Dublin Calling
Now, you can fly direct from the land of Homer to the land of Joyce—and on a budget no less.
Beginning on June 5, 2007, Aer Lingus will be running a new service between Athens and Dublin. Flights can be booked on the Aer Lingus site for travel up through October 27 of this year (2007).
Flights are currently available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The price range, however, is large. We recommend booking as far in advance as possible for the best rates. We found one-way flights starting at €29 and topping out at €195, before taxes.
Prior to the establishment of this route, travelers had to transfer when flying between Athens and Dublin, wasting precious travel time in layovers.
About the author
In order to keep a promise she and her brother had made to their grandmother (and to simultaneously fulfill one of her own dreams) Kaymaria left her beloved hometown of Oakland, California and headed to Athens in time for the 2004 Olympics. Today, she continues to work and play in the Greek capital, where you may find her writing atop Lykavittos, road-tripping with overseas guests, enjoying Athens cafés with friends, dancing to Greek hip-hop music, or reading Greek subtitles in an outdoor cinema. The daughter of two life-long educators and enthusiastic travelers, Kaymaria has explored North America, Mexico, and Europe. It was not until she spent a year as an exchange student at The University of York in England, however, that she discovered that she does not actually speak English.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations