Berlin Flash: Ostalgic Grub at the Schwarze Pumpe
State communism may have gone its way in East Berlin, but the workers of the world can still get fed at the Schwarze Pumpe (Black Pump) in Mitte.
The décor, featuring exposed pipes and wooden tables, is stylishly retro-factory canteen. The food is fresh, simple and cheap; the menu features daily specials such as goulash with salad and potatoes for €7—or a delicious cheese spätzle and salad for €6. Stop in anytime from breakfast to dinner and commune with the common man.
Schwarze Pumpe is located at Choriner Strasse 76. Telephone: +49 30 449 69 39.
About the author
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations