Betting on Ireland
Ryanair announced today that they will give away one million free flights (not including taxes and charges, obviously!) following an Irish victory over England in the 6 Nations rugby match scheduled at Croke Park in Dublin this coming Saturday.
How fervently is Ryanair hoping for an English win? That’s our question.
The free flights are scheduled to go on sale on Monday, February 26. We’ll make a note to read the sports pages on Sunday.
About the author
About the author: Alex Robertson Textor is a London-based travel writer and editor. He has written for Rough Guides, the New York Times, and Public Books, among other publications; he also guided the tablet magazine Travel by Handstand to two SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. With Pam Mandel, he writes copy and generates ideas as White Shoe Travel Content. He is on Twitter as @textorian and maintains his own blog, www.textorian.com.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes
- Amsterdam: How to avoid the epic Anne Frank House line
- 7 Ways to Make Your Travel Dollar Even Stronger Abroad
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- 10 free things that will make you fall in love with London
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- Visiting Paris for the first time: 8 rookie mistakes to avoid
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations