Bristol: Ryanair’s Newest Base
Ryanair announced yesterday that Bristol is set to become its 20th base airport. Currently, Ryanair flies between Bristol and just three destinations: Barcelona Girona, Dublin, and Shannon.
With Bristol’s upgrade to base airport status, 13 destinations have been added to the roster. In November, Ryanair will begin flying between Bristol and Bratislava, Bristol, Derry, Dinard, Katowice, Knock, Milan Bergamo, Porto, Poznan, Riga, Rzeszow, and Wroclaw; from December, a Bristol-Salzburg route will commence.
To promote its new base, Ryanair is hawking 100,000 one-way fares from Bristol for £10—and that tenner includes taxes and charges. Go to it, Cheapos.
About the author
About the author: Alex Robertson Textor is a London-based travel writer and editor. He has written for Rough Guides, the New York Times, and Public Books, among other publications; he also guided the tablet magazine Travel by Handstand to two SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. With Pam Mandel, he writes copy and generates ideas as White Shoe Travel Content. He is on Twitter as @textorian and maintains his own blog, www.alexrobertsontextor.com.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations