Bristol: Ryanair’s Newest Base
Ryanair announced yesterday that Bristol is set to become its 20th base airport. Currently, Ryanair flies between Bristol and just three destinations: Barcelona Girona, Dublin, and Shannon.
With Bristol’s upgrade to base airport status, 13 destinations have been added to the roster. In November, Ryanair will begin flying between Bristol and Bratislava, Bristol, Derry, Dinard, Katowice, Knock, Milan Bergamo, Porto, Poznan, Riga, Rzeszow, and Wroclaw; from December, a Bristol-Salzburg route will commence.
To promote its new base, Ryanair is hawking 100,000 one-way fares from Bristol for £10—and that tenner includes taxes and charges. Go to it, Cheapos.
About the author
About the author: Alex Robertson Textor is a London-based travel writer and editor. He has written for Rough Guides, the New York Times, and Public Books, among other publications; he also guided the tablet magazine Travel by Handstand to two SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. With Pam Mandel, he writes copy and generates ideas as White Shoe Travel Content. He is on Twitter as @textorian and maintains his own blog, www.textorian.com.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes
- Amsterdam: How to avoid the epic Anne Frank House line
- 7 Ways to Make Your Travel Dollar Even Stronger Abroad
- 10 free things that will make you fall in love with London
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations
- Enter to win a dream trip to Berlin this summer! on
- Bus company mergers in Germany: What does it mean for budget travelers? on
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes on
- Venice tip: Free glass blowing demonstrations on Murano on
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke on