Uncovering Europe's best budget hotels since 2001.
Eurovision, the brilliantly silly Europe-wide music competition that quickens our collective pulse, is less than three weeks away. Since we regard Eurovision to be possibly the most culturally significant event of the entire year, we are naturally more than a touch excited.
We’ve been busy reviewing the entries and coming up with our own favorites. Among these:
1. “On Top of the World” by Dutch repeat entrant Edsilia Rombley (see above.)
2. “Work Your Magic” by Belarussian hopeful Dmitry Koldun.
3. “My Story” by Georgia’s first-ever representative, Sopho Khalvashi.
4. “Comme Ci, Comme Ça” by Cypriot act Evridiki.
5. “Song #1″ by Russian girl group Serebro.
6. “Flying the Flag” by UK camp masters Scooch.
7. “Ven a Bailar Conmigo” by Norway’s Guri Schanke.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to attend Eurovision this year. As consolation, we’ve been reading the utterly entertaining Schlagerblog, which is an extended ode both to Eurovision and the largely (but not exclusively) Swedish brand of ultrapop known as Schlager. For a couple of British dudes, the boys behind Schlagerblog know an awful lot about Scandinavian pop. Our flag flies high for them.
Eurovision will be held on May 10 and 12 in Helsinki.