Flash: Ryanair Expands. And Contracts.
Ryanair announced today that as of May 7, they’ll fly four new routes: Frankfurt Hahn-Faro, Frankfurt Hahn-Fez, Frankfurt Hahn-Marrakech, and Marseille-Bournemouth.
The shuffle isn’t all about expansion, however. May 7 will also see the end of 11 Ryanair routes, including Barcelona-Faro, Liverpool-Tampere, Marseille-Rome, and Frankfurt Hahn-Krakow.
Meanwhile, there’s a buzz and a half in the LCC blogosphere surrounding Michael O’Leary’s announcement that Ryanair expects to fly between the several secondary airports in the US and its European bases by the turn of the decade for as little as $12 for a one-way flight.
About the author
About the author: Alex Robertson Textor is a London-based travel writer and editor. He has written for Rough Guides, the New York Times, and Public Books, among other publications; he also guided the tablet magazine Travel by Handstand to two SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. With Pam Mandel, he writes copy and generates ideas as White Shoe Travel Content. He is on Twitter as @textorian and maintains his own blog, www.textorian.com.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes
- Amsterdam: How to avoid the epic Anne Frank House line
- 10 free things that will make you fall in love with London
- 7 Ways to Make Your Travel Dollar Even Stronger Abroad
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations
- Enter to win a dream trip to Berlin this summer! on
- Bus company mergers in Germany: What does it mean for budget travelers? on
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes on
- Venice tip: Free glass blowing demonstrations on Murano on
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke on