Offsetting your carbon or climate footprint can help reduce global warming.
We were very curious about just what these carbon offsets are, so we checked ‘em out. Turns out they are basically contributions to energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other projects intended to make a difference in preserving natural resources and protecting the environment.
Offsetting carbon dioxide emissions does not have to be an expensive proposition, either. If you fly about 6,000 miles, you can take responsibility for your CO2 emissions for $6.25; offsetting 20,000 miles in the air will set you back $20.90; 40,000 flight miles, $41.80; and 100,000 miles, only $104.50!
About the author
In order to keep a promise she and her brother had made to their grandmother (and to simultaneously fulfill one of her own dreams) Kaymaria left her beloved hometown of Oakland, California and headed to Athens in time for the 2004 Olympics. Today, she continues to work and play in the Greek capital, where you may find her writing atop Lykavittos, road-tripping with overseas guests, enjoying Athens cafés with friends, dancing to Greek hip-hop music, or reading Greek subtitles in an outdoor cinema. The daughter of two life-long educators and enthusiastic travelers, Kaymaria has explored North America, Mexico, and Europe. It was not until she spent a year as an exchange student at The University of York in England, however, that she discovered that she does not actually speak English.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- When is the best time of the year to visit Paris?
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations