Friday Round Up: Maple Syrup Edition
We were pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning and realize “The Great NYC Syrup Mystery” has been solved!
After several years of aromatic confusion in which the soft, supple smell of maple syrup lingered in the air throughout New York City, Reuters recently broke the news that the cause was New Jersey’s fragrance processing plants. We’re sure there’s an excellent pun to be made about this discovery – please feel free to add your own in the comments section below.
Feeling inspired by this news, we present today’s Friday Round Up: Maple Syrup Edition!
– Gridskipper featured the best spots for hot chocolate in Paris that made us (well, at least me) drool. Each recommendation is also displayed on a Google Map, which is especially helpful (and schmanzy.)
– Have a love / hate relationship with airline food? Then be sure to check out WorldHum’s post “Would you like the chicken, the fish or the dead hamster?”
– Cheapo Editor in Chief, Tom, blogged from Riga earlier in the week about his new found love of Latvian food. Chicken stroganoff….mmmmmmmmmm.
– Our friends at Venere.com wrote about some of Europe’s “Can’t Miss” food festivals, and we’re now contemplating an office visit to the Merano Wine Festival in Italy. Truffle auctions? Sign us up!
– And lastly, we enjoyed seeing the many photos of London’s big snowstorm from earlier in the week — and hearing from a few London-based Cheapos who were mysteriously “sick” and couldn’t make it in to work. Our favorite pic is this one of a snowman in front of Buckingham Palace. Admittedly, this has nothing to do with maple syrup…
Happy Friday, Cheapos, and have a great weekend!