Geneva: Free Transport Cards
The good people at The Foundation for Tourism in Geneva and Unireso have given Cheapos another reason to visit their fair canton (as if lounging about Place du Bourg-de-Four wasn’t reason enough.) As of January, tourists staying in one of Geneva’s hotels, youth hostels, or camp sites are entitled to a free Geneva Transport Card.
The personal, credit card-style Transport Cards cover fares on all trams, buses, local CFF trains, and yellow taxi boats. The cards can only be picked up at your lodging’s check-in desk and are valid for the length of your stay.
We’d file this dispatch under “Budget Deals,” but the Foundation and Unireso plan to offer this “deal” indefinitely.
About the author
TJ developed a taste for travel while living (and ostensibly) studying in Rome. He soon began catching bargain-basement Ryanair flights to various European destinations, where he would immediately scope out the dodgiest bar upon arrival. (He also saw some art along the way.) After returning to SUNY Albany, he developed an independent study in travel writing, which was mostly an excuse to drive cross-country. The 7200 mile trip, made in 11 days with two friends in a very small red car, culminated in a collection of essays called MOVE!, which he describes as incredibly self-indulgent and quite un-publishable. After moving to Manhattan, he found his way to EuroCheapo and has spent most of his time writing reviews for the New York City listings.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- iPhone in Europe: Information for Verizon customers
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
- WOW, $99 to Europe? Yes, but the devil is in the details
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations