Italy is for Lovers
And you thought your Valentine’s Day dinner was going to be expensive. Check out this £2,150 pizza (that’s €3,000 for those of you in the Eurozone) created to raise funds for the Fred Hollows Foundation, an agency that works to prevent curable blindness in developing countries.
Glasgow-based restaurateur Domenico Crolla flew to Italy to make the pricey pizza for a philanthropy-minded lawyer and his wife. Said lawyer successfully bid for the dinner in a charity auction.
We have two questions. First, can a romance really be sparked over pizza?
And second, if a pie is topped with edible gold, is love blind?
About the author
En junio 2000, Kari moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina and never looked back...until she ran out of pesos. After another round of bank riots, the travel lady bug moved to more stable financial ground: Wall Street. (Hey, no laughing!) Currently the Listings Manager for Over There Interactive for cold, hard cash, she is also a co-author of The Maneater Murder Mystery Series and Venue Goddess for Lit Crawl NYC.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
- Barcelona Food: Five cheap eats under €6
- iPhone in Europe: Information for Verizon customers
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations