Kiss my Vespa
A trip to the Dipartimento dei Trasporti Terrestri (the Italian state Department of Motor Vehicles) is a bureaucratic nightmare in and of itself.
To even think about personalizing one’s car tags in Italy was, until recently, not even an option. Until a recent revision of the law, in fact, it was impossible to obtain personalized car tags.
Italians have been seduced by the UK’s latest DVLA personalized license plate website creation Kl55 XME.
Will this obsession lead to longer lines at the DTT? Only time will tell.
About the author
Annie Shapero was born and raised in the cosmopolitan oasis of Columbia, Missouri. A call to the big city brought her to Chicago, where she pursued a degree at DePaul University's theatre conservatory. Four years of "rigorous, professional" training and a minor in Italian language led her to her next destination: Rome, a city of natural born tragedians with a flair for comedy. There she put her dreams of Broadway stardom on hold and took up a wild series of careers (including "marketing strategist" for an edible Egyptian insecticide). Eventually, she found her niche: writing for "WHERE Magazine Rome." When not in Rome, Annie hops about the Mediterranean, indulging in the local gastronomic and dance traditions. Ole´!
Most popular posts
- 15 reasons to visit Paris in 2015
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Why You Should Never Buy Water in Paris
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- Rome Winter Sales: 5 things to know before you shop
- Amsterdam Hotel Advice: Read this first
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations