New York Times Sunday Travel round-up
Some interesting pieces from yesterday’s New York Times travel section:
Paris: Making a Pilgrimage to the Catherals of Commerce
Shopping arcades in Paris, dating from the 1830s and 40s, are making a comeback as chic shopping destinations.
England Rocks, and a Map Now Proves It
A free downloadable map to the graves of famous British rockers.
Au Natural is the Fashion on Some Gay Cruises
Swanky new European gay cruises where clothing is optional.
Q&A: To and From Split, With a Stop in Rome
What’s the best way to make a Roman holiday out of a trip to Croatia?
About the author
About the author: Tom Meyers created and launched EuroCheapo from his Berlin apartment in 2001. He returned to New York in 2002, set up office, and has led the EuroCheapo team from the Big Apple ever since. He travels to Europe several times a year to update EuroCheapo's hotel reviews. Tom is also a co-host of the New York City history podcast, The Bowery Boys. Email Tom. [Find Tom on Google Plus]
Most popular posts
- WOW, $99 to Europe? Yes, but the devil is in the details
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- 10 French phrases that will save you money in Paris
- Visiting Paris for the first time: 8 rookie mistakes to avoid
- Eating Cheap in Paris: 8 dinners for €10 or less
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- Why You Should Never Buy Water in Paris
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations