Rome: Cheap Sleeps at RetRome
Photo courtesy of RetRome
Just over a year old, the cute and kitschy RetRome guesthouse, located on the safer, prettier side of Termini Station, has been booked solid for months. The once word-of-mouth-operation is making waves in Europe and beyond, probably for their radically low rates. Doubles range from €36 to €80! This is Rome, and rates like these are an uncommonly good deal.
The three rooms are decked out in yesteryear charm, and crammed with 1950s and 1960s treasures. A large, fully equipped kitchen is available for your own, homemade pasta banquets. As far as we’re concerned, that kitchen is just another excuse to save in style.
About the author
Annie Shapero was born and raised in the cosmopolitan oasis of Columbia, Missouri. A call to the big city brought her to Chicago, where she pursued a degree at DePaul University's theatre conservatory. Four years of "rigorous, professional" training and a minor in Italian language led her to her next destination: Rome, a city of natural born tragedians with a flair for comedy. There she put her dreams of Broadway stardom on hold and took up a wild series of careers (including "marketing strategist" for an edible Egyptian insecticide). Eventually, she found her niche: writing for "WHERE Magazine Rome." When not in Rome, Annie hops about the Mediterranean, indulging in the local gastronomic and dance traditions. Ole´!
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- When is the best time of the year to visit Paris?
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations