Ryanair: Vaxjo Calling
Today, May 10, Ryanair announced a load of new routes in and out of Düsseldorf Weeze. From June, the airline will be flying between Weeze and Alghero, Alicante, Palma de Mallorca, and Venice. From October, flights between Weeze and Fuerteventura, Málaga, Marrakech, Milan, Seville, Trapani, Valencia, and Växjö will kick off.
Through this expansion, the Swedish city of Växjö will make its debut on the Ryanair route map. The university town of Växjö, in Sweden’s Småland region, is situated in a lovely forested region (see above), with the towns of the Glasriket—home to 15 glassworks—nearby.
About the author
About the author: Alex Robertson Textor is a London-based travel writer and editor. He has written for Rough Guides, the New York Times, and Public Books, among other publications; he also guided the tablet magazine Travel by Handstand to two SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. With Pam Mandel, he writes copy and generates ideas as White Shoe Travel Content. He is on Twitter as @textorian and maintains his own blog, www.alexrobertsontextor.com.
Most popular posts
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations