SkyEurope vs. Ryanair: October Stats
Behold, the return of our SkyEurope/Ryanair statistical face-off.
In October 2007, Ryanair carried 21 percent more passengers than they did in October 2006, and managed a modest increase in load factor—the number of seats filled on planes flying throughout the month—of 2 percent (from 83 percent to 85 percent) also against October 2006 numbers.
SkyEurope, with another five more inaugurations to follow by the end of the week. SkyEurope, still consolidating after its base contraction, has announced plans to sell two Boeing 737s. Thanks to AirScoop for alerting us to the sale.
About the author
About the author: Alex Robertson Textor is a London-based travel writer and editor. He has written for Rough Guides, the New York Times, and Public Books, among other publications; he also guided the tablet magazine Travel by Handstand to two SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. With Pam Mandel, he writes copy and generates ideas as White Shoe Travel Content. He is on Twitter as @textorian and maintains his own blog, www.textorian.com.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes
- Amsterdam: How to avoid the epic Anne Frank House line
- 10 free things that will make you fall in love with London
- 7 Ways to Make Your Travel Dollar Even Stronger Abroad
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations
- Enter to win a dream trip to Berlin this summer! on
- Bus company mergers in Germany: What does it mean for budget travelers? on
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes on
- Venice tip: Free glass blowing demonstrations on Murano on
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke on