Swiss Man: Model Citizen
In countries all over the world, there are televised contests to see who will be Next Top Model.
In Switzerland, it would appear that anyone can be the next catwalk king.
Last week, an unidentified man conned his way into the pages of Swiss weekly SonntagsZeitung. Banking on Swiss time, he booked a “Gucci” ad at the last minute and simply requested that the CHF60,000 (US$49,000) bill be sent to Gucci headquarters in Florence.
In the two-page advertising spread, he’s lounging nude from the waist up, with a bottle of Gucci perfume floating above his bicep. Take a look.
And grüetzi, peeps.
About the author
En junio 2000, Kari moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina and never looked back...until she ran out of pesos. After another round of bank riots, the travel lady bug moved to more stable financial ground: Wall Street. (Hey, no laughing!) Currently the Listings Manager for Over There Interactive for cold, hard cash, she is also a co-author of The Maneater Murder Mystery Series and Venue Goddess for Lit Crawl NYC.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- 21 simple ways I saved on my trip to London
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
- What the strong US dollar means for Americans traveling to Europe this year
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
- Crossing the Alps by Train: Three rail routes from Switzerland to Italy
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations