Switzerland: How Many Times Can We Say Disaster?
Oh, those fun-loving Swiss. We adore them for their ingenuity, their courage (even in the face of death-defying extreme sports), and most importantly, their determination that the party must go on even in the face of, well, disaster.
Sadly, we must report that the Slide Disaster Contest scheduled to take place on Eggli mountain in Gstaad this weekend has met its own disaster. Inclement weather means that there will be no spectacular and innovative descents made and, to be sure, a disaster or two.
About the author
About the author: Suzanne Russo thinks of herself as equal parts California Girl and New Yorker. She moved from San Francisco to New York four years ago to pursue her MA in English, and her obsession with all things New York life and history hasn’t dwindled yet. She is a freelance writer, director of the San Francisco-sponsored, New York literary pub crawl, Lit Crawl, and constant wanderer.
Most popular posts
- WOW, $99 to Europe? Yes, but the devil is in the details
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- 10 French phrases that will save you money in Paris
- Visiting Paris for the first time: 8 rookie mistakes to avoid
- A guide to supermarkets in Paris
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Why You Should Never Buy Water in Paris
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- Eating Cheap in Paris: 8 dinners for €10 or less
- 10-day Itinerary in Spain: Touring Barcelona, Seville & Madrid, with budget tips
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations