Wed Alerts: New SkyEurope Site, Sloppy Ryanair Claims
What’s new this afternoon?
1. SkyEurope has gone and revamped their site. Very nice, especially the faint gray of the destination map. We just noticed for the first time that our favorite Central European LCC doesn’t fly to a single airport in Germany. Points to us for being observant.
2. Ryanair is in trouble with the UK’s Advertising Standards Authority for making sloppy claims regarding speed and price of their London-Brussels connection against Eurostar’s London-Brussels shuttle.
About the author
About the author: Alex Robertson Textor is a London-based travel writer and editor. He has written for Rough Guides, the New York Times, and Public Books, among other publications; he also guided the tablet magazine Travel by Handstand to two SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism awards. With Pam Mandel, he writes copy and generates ideas as White Shoe Travel Content. He is on Twitter as @textorian and maintains his own blog, www.textorian.com.
Most popular posts
- Rome Shopping: 5 spots to find Roman fashion for every budget
- Using an American iPhone in Europe… without going broke
- iPhone in Europe: How to set up your phone to avoid a billing “surprise”
- Amsterdam: How to avoid the epic Anne Frank House line
- Planning a trip to Europe? Avoid these 10 costly mistakes
- Visiting Paris for the first time: 8 rookie mistakes to avoid
- 7 Ways to Make Your Travel Dollar Even Stronger Abroad
- iPhone in Europe: Information for AT&T customers
- 10 free things that will make you fall in love with London
- Madrid: 5 ways to dress like a local
Find us on Facebook
Find ways to save in…
- Czech Republic
- Eastern Europe
- Southeast Europe
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Other Destinations