About this flight
The carrier: Aer Arann
One of Europe's smaller budget airlines, Aer Arann is first and foremost a regional carrier. Its route map is mostly limited to Ireland and the UK (although there are a few destinations in France). Aer Arann serves Ireland more comprehensively than any other low-cost carrier. The airline flies to seven airports across the Republic of Ireland and an additional 12 around the UK, as well as to Lorient and La Rochelle in France.
Of special note, Aer Arann operates a few of the new ATR 72 jets, dubbed "the world's greenest aircraft" for fuel efficiency and lower CO2 emissions. In addition, Arann has a Palme D'Or European regional award for excellence in customer service.
Good destination tally in Ireland. Free newspapers are offered on board.
Only flies to Ireland, the UK and France.
* Carry-on: One item up to 7 kg.
* Checked: 15 kg per passenger on domestic flights (within the island of Ireland)
For flights to the UK and France 20 kg are allowed. There is an €8 or £8 charge per bag if it is booked online or through the Aer Arann call centre. Checked baggage booked on arrival at the departure airport will incur a fee of €12/£12 per bag per flight. For domestic passengers connecting to or from international carriers, Aer Arann will continue to honour the baggage allowance of their connecting airline provided they present their onward itinerary at check-in. A fee of €7/£7 per kilo will be charged to all luggage exceeding the new luggage allowance on all flights.
* Please visit Aer Arann’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available for most Aer Arann routes. It opens 72 hours prior to the flight and closes three hours before departure. Note that online check-in is for passengers with hand baggage only. Checked baggage is not permitted.
You may select seats online at time of booking. If traveling with only carry-on luggage, check in online to save time and avoid long queues.more...
Departure: Cork, Ireland (ORK)
Arrival: Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Edinburgh International (Turnhouse) (EDI)
Edinburgh Airport, sometimes referred to as "Turnhouse", was the busiest airport in Scotland in 2007 and is a hub for easyJet, flyglobespan and Ryanair. Location: Edinburgh Airport is located 12 km (eight miles) west of Edinburgh. Transport: - Rail: Most train services operate from Edinburgh Haymarket station which is found on the main bus route between the airport and city center. - Bus: Public bus services stop outside the Arrivals Halls. More information on both Lothian Bus services can be found at the flybybus company's Website. Also, the express service operates daily. - Taxi: At Edinburgh Airport there are three taxi ranks available. One of them operates solely based on pre-booked reservations while the other two are for companies that serve the airport. Usually, a journey to and from the city center and airport takes roughly 25 minutes. The 'black cab' rank is available by the coach stations while others are available outside the Arrivals Hall. Service: In the airport there are numerous shops and restaurants. Several internet stations are available. In addition, there are play areas for children, entertainment facilities, and baby changing rooms.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Cork, Ireland (ORK) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Glasgow Int (GLA) on Ryanair
- Cork, Ireland (ORK) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Glasgow Int (GLA) on Aer Arann
- Cork, Ireland (ORK) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Prestwick (PIK) on Ryanair
- Kerry, Ireland (KIR) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Glasgow Int (GLA) on Ryanair
- Kerry, Ireland (KIR) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Prestwick (PIK) on Ryanair
- Shannon, Ireland (SNN) to Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Edinburgh International (Turnhouse) (EDI) on Ryanair
- Shannon, Ireland (SNN) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Glasgow Int (GLA) on Ryanair
- Shannon, Ireland (SNN) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Glasgow Int (GLA) on Aer Arann
- Shannon, Ireland (SNN) to Glasgow, United Kingdom - Prestwick (PIK) on Ryanair