About this flight
The carrier: Aer Lingus
Ireland's legacy flag carrier Aer Lingus has been morphing over the course of the last several years into a low-cost airline. Flying to major airports across Europe, and as of recently North America and Dubai, Aer Lingus is dependable and well established. Fares can be quite low, though advance purchase fares don't quite compare to those offered by that other Irish low-cost carrier, Ryanair.
Airline is well established and serves major airports.
Connections beyond Europe are not very good, thus dulling one distinctive draw. Frequent delays and unhelpful staff are common complaints.
* Carry-on: One bag up to 10 kg (7kg for regional flights), plus one personal item.
* Checked: €12 per bag booked online (€18 at airport). Max 9 bags with combined weight of 20 kg. Over 20 kgs, fees apply. No single bag over 32 kg (70 lbs) is allowed.
* Please visit Aer Lingus’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You may select seats online at time of booking.
Check-in and Ticketing
Aer Lingus offers online-check in for most flights and is available from 30 hours in advance until 4 hours and 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Times vary for US airports. Checked baggage is accepted from passengers who check-in online.
All Aer Lingus planes bear the name of an Irish saint.more...
Departure: London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR)
The UK's (and Europe's) biggest passenger airport, Heathrow is the big daddy in town, with huge numbers of flights to points near and far. Few low-cost airlines fly in and out of Heathrow; in fact, a few Aer Lingus and Clickair routes pretty much sew up the category. Heathrow lies 24 km (15 miles) to the west of London.
Location: London's Heathrow Airport is located 24km (15 miles) west of London.
- Rail: The cheapest way to Heathrow is via the Tube on the Piccadilly line, which takes about an hour. Travelers can also take the Heathrow Express train, from Heathrow to London's Paddington station.
- Bus: National Express bus lines offer a 45-minute journey to London's Victoria Station. Numerous local buses also stop at the central bus station and at Terminals 4 and 5. National Express operates a coach service from all five terminals. For more detailed information on the coach service consult the National Express Official Website.
At night, the N9 bus runs to and from the London city center. Overall, coach service connects London Heathrow to over 500 UK destinations.
- Taxi: London's licensed black cabs serve Heathrow Airport and are available outside all the terminals. Normal rates apply.
Service:Throughout the airport there are numerous information desks available should travelers have any concerns. Post offices and currency exchanges are available in Terminals 2 and 4 and ATMs and pay phones can be found throughout the airport. In the departures halls of all the terminals, passengers are able to access Wi-Fi internet. There are multiple shops and restaurants, a chapel, visitor information desk, health center, and pharmacies.more...
Arrival: Dublin, Ireland (DUB)
In Brief: Dublin Airport is located 10 km (about 6 miles) north of the city. It's a major base for both Aer Lingus and Ryanair, and also handles several Centralwings routes. In terms of sheer numbers, it's one of the most budget airline-friendly airports around. Transportation: Public buses cost between €1.60 and €1.90 to traverse the distance between central Dublin and the airport, depending on how far the journey in question is. Airlink buses, which travel to Dublin's Central Bus Station, cost €6.more...
Other flights between these cities
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) on Aer Lingus
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) on Ryanair
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) on Flybe
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) - 45km (28 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)