About this flight
The carrier: Blue1
A low-cost wing of SAS (Scandinavian Airlines System), Blue1 flies to an impressive number of destinations in Finland and a smattering of other Nordic cities (Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo and Stockholm) as well as Western and Central European destinations. Blue1 is the second biggest airline in Finland.
Blue1 is definitely #1 for travel to Finland's north. No other budget airline flies to destinations beyond Helsinki and Tampere.
Network stretches across Finland. Young, helpful and energetic flight crew. Newer aircraft in fleet. Great service.
Access to most destinations in Finland requires connecting flights and some destinations are seasonal.
We have a total crush on Blue1's website which is chock full of helpful information, a cinch to navigate and is easy on the eyes.
* Carry-on: One piece of hand luggage not exceeding 8 kg.
* Checked: Within Finland, you are allowed up to three bags and depending on class (Economy, Business), the total weight can be anywhere from 20-30 kg.
* Please visit Blue1’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
The good news? Check in online and you can pick your seat. You must check in no later than 45 minutes before departure.
Check-in and Ticketing
Blue1 offers online check-in and you get to pick your seat once you do so. Check-in is available from 22 hours before the scheduled departure.more...
Departure: Biarritz, France - Biarritz Parme (BIQ)
Bayonne Airport, also known as Biarritz Airport or Parme Airport, is an airport serving Biarritz, France. Service is provided from multiple countries to this popular surfing destination.
Location: Biarritz - Anglet - Bayonne Airport is located 2 kilometers (1 mile) southeast of Biarritz, near Bayonne and Anglet.
- Rail: From the airport, you can get to Biarritz-La Négresse train station in about 10 minutes using Chronoplus line C. You can also get to Bayonne train station on the Chronoplus network in about 30 minutes. For more information, you can use the Chronoplus urban transport network website.
- Bus: To get to Biarritz, Anglet and Bayonne, you can use the Chronoplus urban transport network. Visit the Chronoplus website for more information.
- Taxi: Taxis are available to and from the airport and surrounding city centers.
Service: In the airport there are restaurants, boutiques and an ATM. There are information desks as well as a medical center. The airport offers Wi-Fi internet access as well.more...
Arrival: Helsinki, Finland - Helsinki Vantaa (HEL)
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport is the main airport serving Helsinki, Finland. It was originally built for the Summer Olympics in 1952 and is currently the fourth largest airport among the Nordic countries. Location: Helsinki-Vantaa Airport is located 19 km (11.5 miles) north of Helsinki. Transport: - Bus: YTV buses (#415, #451, and #615) as well as the Finnair City Bus run to and from the airport and Helsinki city center (among other destinations). The journey into Helsinki lasts about 40 minutes. For timetables and rate information, visit either YTV or Finnair's City Bus web site. - Taxi: There are taxi ranks in front of both terminals. Service desks for taxis are located in the Arrivals Hall. The journey into Helsinki by car takes about 30 minutes. Service: There are several information desks found in the airport. Other services include: two banks, several currency exchanges, ATMs, Wi-Fi Internet, baby care stations, a meditation room, and many restaurants, cafes, and bars. A 24-hour fast food restaurant is also available. The International Terminal hosts more shops, a grocery store, and a pharmacy.more...