About this flight
The carrier: Blu-express
Blu-express is low cost in Italiano. It flies within Italy and to a smattering of other Mediterranean destinations from its primary Rome Fiumicino hub and several additional destinations in Italy: Bari, Catania, Milan, Palermo, and—best of all—the southern island of Pantelleria.
One of the lowest flight cancellation rates among Italian airlines. Comfortable reclining leather seats on board.
Destinations are limited.
* Carry-on: One piece of hand luggage not to exceed 5 kg, plus personal item.
* Checked: Up to two bags not exceeding 15 kg. Over 15 kg, you will be charged €7 for each additional kg.
* Please visit Blu-express’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Seats are assigned at check-in. You may also book online at €8 per person per flight.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you are traveling from Rome Fiumicino, Nice, Catania and Turin with an electronic ticket or only have carry-on luggage, you can check-in online from 28 days to 3 hours before the flight departure. Talk about planning in advance!more...
Departure: Rome, Italy - Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino (FCO)
Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport or "Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino," also commonly known as Rome-Fiumicino International Airport, its former name, is Italy's largest airport and second-largest international air gateway and Rome's primary airport. While the focus at Fiumicino is on long-haul routes flown by conventional airlines, the airport also hosts several budget airlines. Among these, Blu-express, Vueling, and Air Berlin fly the most routes.
Fiumicino may not be one of the most exciting big city airports in Europe, but it does, unsurprisingly, sport some of the best espresso bars we've ever found.
Location: Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport is situated 30 kilometers (19 miles) southwest of the city, in the coastal city of Fiumicino.
- Rail: Fiumicino benefits from a fab airport train connection, which drops passengers off at Rome's massive Termini train station. To take the train, follow the signs at the airport marked "Treni." The train runs every half hour, from 6:37 a.m. until 11:37 p.m. and takes about 35 minutes. Tickets cost €9.50 and can be purchased from one of the (sometimes unreliable) ticket machines or at the train ticket office. If you're pressed for time, you can buy a ticket on the train for €11.
Another option, especially good for visitors staying in Trastevere, is to take one of the local trains, Orte or Fara Sabina. A journey on either train lasts 45 minutes and costs €5. Orte and Fara Sabina trains depart from the airport station for Rome's Stazione Tiburtina. At Tiburtina, you can catch the B subway line. Stops on the B line include Trastevere and Ostiense.
- Bus: Another way to get into the center of Rome from Fiumicino airport is on the Terravision express bus. The Terravision bus connects Fiumicino airport to Rome's Termini Station. Tickets cost €7 one-way and €12 round-trip. Visit the Terravision booking engine to book bus tickets in advance.
- Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport. The official taxis are white and identified by the illuminated Taxi sign on the roof. Ensure the meter is running, and check the approximate price of the journey beforehand. Expect to pay a whopping €60 per ride, not including supplementary charges for luggage, nighttime travel, and Sunday travel. (Stick to the train, folks!)
Service: There are information desks located in all three terminals. There are a number of restaurants, cafes and bars located throughout the airport. There are numerous first-class shopping centers that have exclusive stores selling quality goods, as well as the duty-free shops. Other facilities include first aid, a chapel and prayer room, a Bureau de change, and 24-hour cash machines (ATMs).more...
Arrival: Nice, France - Côte d'Azur (NCE)
Côte d'Azur International Airport or "Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur" is an airport in Nice and is France's third most heavily trafficked airport. Nice sees a smattering of budget air routes. Both Cimber Sterling and easyJet fly multiple routes to and from Nice.
Location: Côte d'Azur International Airport airport is located 6 kilometers (4 miles) west of the center of the city, Vieux Nice. Due to its proximity to the Principality of Monaco, it also serves as that city-state's airport, with helicopter service linking the city and airport.
Rail: SNCF regional train services run from Gare Nice St. Augustin, located near terminal 1, and Gare St Laurent du Var, 3 kilometers (2 miles) from the airport, serving all routes from Cannes to Vintimille. Connections to these stations are provided to travelers by shuttle.
All other SNCF routes run from the central station in Nice, connected to the airport by shuttle from Terminal 2 and route 23 from Terminal 1. For details on exact times and rates visit the Official SNCF Web site.
- Bus: Plenty of buses connect the airport with 24 routes between Marseille and Genoa and 123 destinations served throughout the Côte d'Azur. A Cheapo favorite is the Ligne d'Azur bus which travels between airport and city.
- Taxi: Taxis are available at all times of the day to all destinations; stands are located outside the arrivals levels of both terminals.
Services: The airport has banks, a currency exchange and ATMs in both terminals. A post office is located in Terminal 1. Wi-Fi access is available throughout the airport, and there are also several Internet stations. Restaurants, cafes, bars, gift shops and duty-free shopping are also available in both terminals. Other airport amenities include baby changing facilities in both terminals as well as a pharmacy, vaccination center and prayer room. Information desks can be found in Terminal 1 and the arrivals area in Terminal 2.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Rome, Italy - Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino (FCO) to Nice, France - Côte d'Azur (NCE) on airberlin
- Rome, Italy - Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino (FCO) to Nice, France - Côte d'Azur (NCE) on easyJet
- Rome, Italy - Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino (FCO) to Nice, France - Côte d'Azur (NCE) on Norwegian Air Shuttle