About this flight
The carrier: Condor
Owned by Thomas Cook, Condor is a massive airline operation. Condor connects German airports to southern Europe, with a destination map that extends to Africa, Asia and the Americas. In 1971, Condor was the world's first leisure airline to use a Boeing 747 in its fleet. Note: Many of Condor's flights are essentially charter flights ferrying vacation package holders away or back home.
Great connections within Europe and beyond. Unlike other airlines, Condor usually allows reservation changes without the nasty fees.
Many routes are flown infrequently. Old planes.
• Carry-on: One item, up to 6 kg, plus laptop.
• Checked: Limits vary according to length of trip, but you’re allowed between 20-30 kg of stuff. Excess baggage will be charged $1 per kg.
* Please visit Condor’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You can reserve seats in advance by paying €10 on one-way flights, €20 for returns. You can choose your seats online as soon as you book the flight. If you wait, you can select your seat when checking in online, starting 24 hours prior to departure (prices are the same). If you wait until 12 hours before your flight, though, you can select a seat free when checking in online. And, free seat reservations are always available for small children and the disabled.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available for several German airports, excluding flights to the US and Canada. It is available between 24hours and 2 hours before departure. It is available for passengers with and without checked baggage.
In the event that you know you'll be lugging around much more than 20-30 kg, book a "baggage allowance package". Fees apply. For example, an extra 5 kilos will cost you anywhere from $52-104 depending on the flight.
To get your vacation off to a good start, Condor invites you to have a welcome cocktail – a "heavenly delight". Choose from popular cocktails like vodka bitter lemon, gin tonic, Campari orange and from non-alcoholic beverages.more...
Departure: London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR)
The UK's (and Europe's) biggest passenger airport, Heathrow is the big daddy in town, with huge numbers of flights to points near and far. Few low-cost airlines fly in and out of Heathrow; in fact, a few Aer Lingus and Clickair routes pretty much sew up the category. Heathrow lies 24 km (15 miles) to the west of London.
Location: London's Heathrow Airport is located 24km (15 miles) west of London.
- Rail: The cheapest way to Heathrow is via the Tube on the Piccadilly line, which takes about an hour. Travelers can also take the Heathrow Express train, from Heathrow to London's Paddington station.
- Bus: National Express bus lines offer a 45-minute journey to London's Victoria Station. Numerous local buses also stop at the central bus station and at Terminals 4 and 5. National Express operates a coach service from all five terminals. For more detailed information on the coach service consult the National Express Official Website.
At night, the N9 bus runs to and from the London city center. Overall, coach service connects London Heathrow to over 500 UK destinations.
- Taxi: London's licensed black cabs serve Heathrow Airport and are available outside all the terminals. Normal rates apply.
Service:Throughout the airport there are numerous information desks available should travelers have any concerns. Post offices and currency exchanges are available in Terminals 2 and 4 and ATMs and pay phones can be found throughout the airport. In the departures halls of all the terminals, passengers are able to access Wi-Fi internet. There are multiple shops and restaurants, a chapel, visitor information desk, health center, and pharmacies.more...
Arrival: Vancouver, Canada - Vancouver Intl (YVR)
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) - 45km (28 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)