About this flight
The carrier: easyJet
EasyJet is Europe's second-largest low-cost carrier, after Ryanair. It's also one of the oldest in Europe; its first flights took off in late 1995, and it pioneered the online purchase model. EasyJet is based at Hangar 89, which is an orange building adjacent to the main taxiway at Luton Airport.
The easyJet route map is not as wide-ranging as Ryanair's, although the airline tends to fly to primary airports over out-of-the-way secondary airports. Fares are also higher than Ryanair's, though the easyJet flying experience tends to receive fewer complaints.
One place where easyJet does not get high marks is in the telephone customer service department. We've read stories of hundreds of faxes remaining unreturned and hours-long waits on toll telephone lines with high per-minute charges.
Among the airline's more notable destinations are Bucharest, Geneva, Istanbul, Madeira, Sofia, Split and Tallinn.
Great connections across Europe without the lowest-common-denominator panic.
Notoriously bad customer service.
*Carry-on: One piece of hand luggage.
*Checked: €12 per bag (per flight), combined weight not to exceed 20 kg. Over 20 kg, €12 per kg.
* Please visit EasyJet’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Strict pre-boarding policy. Check-in no later than 40 minutes prior to departure. Boarding is on a first-come first-serve basis and can be a nightmare if you don’t arrive early. EasyJet never allows stand-bys.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 60 days before your flight until two hours prior to the scheduled departure time. Passengers with hold-luggage are allowed to do this as well. The boarding gate closes 25 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure. If your flight leaves London Gatwick before 08.30 you can check in for this flight the night before from 20:00. This will give you the opportunity to leave your baggage at the airport. You will be issued with a boarding pass so you can go straight to security for your flight the following morning.
Check in online so that you’re automatically entered into the "A" group for boarding, meaning you'll hop on—and off—first. Be careful with personal property as there is little or no compensation for damages or losses.
EasyJet offers the possibility to carbon offset the CO2 to their customers' trips for a surcharge via a calculator which calculates a passenger's carbon footprint.more...
Departure: London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN)
In Brief: London Luton is another of London's budget airline-friendly airports. It serves as a hub for Ryanair, easyJet, WizzAir, Thomsonfly, and Monarch, and also serves Aer Arann and Flybe. It is located just under 50 km (about 30 miles) north of London. Transportation: The airport offers a free shuttle to the Luton Airport Parkway station, where the Thameslink train speeds passengers into King's Cross Station in 35 minutes (£12.10.) EasyBus runs a 90-minute shuttle to a location on Buckingham Palace Road near Victoria Station. Fares technically begin at £2, but we've found fares more commonly to be around £5. There's also a Greenline (Arriva) bus connection, which charges £12 for a 35-minute journey to the City of London.more...
Arrival: Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Kloten) (ZRH)
Zurich Airport, also known as Kloten Airport, is located in Kloten, Switzerland. Location: Zurich Airport is located 9 km (5 miles) outside of Zurich's city center. Transport: - Rail: The airport contains a Swiss Federal Railway station with trains to central Zurich. Trains take about 10 minutes, and access many other city and tourist destinations across Switzerland. - Bus: The bus terminal is located next to car park 2 and contains several regular bus lines that serve regional towns and villages. There is also a coach network that connects the airport to destinations all over Switzerland, including all major ski resorts. - Taxi: Taxis at the airport can be found outside Terminals 1 and 2. Service: In the Arrivals Hall, there are multiple information desks. Other services include a bank, currency exchange, post office, and Wireless Internet hotspots. There are numerous restaurants, cafes, snack bars, and shops (including duty-free) as well as a medical and dental center, pharmacy, nurseries, pharmacies, and a bicycle and baby cart rental.more...
Other flights between these cities
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Basel, Switzerland - EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL) on easyJet
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Basel, Switzerland - EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Friedrichshafen, Germany (FDH) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Friedrichshafen, Germany (FDH) on Germanwings
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Kloten) (ZRH) on easyJet
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Kloten) (ZRH) on airberlin
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Kloten) (ZRH) on Germanwings
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) to Bern, Switzerland - Belp (BRN) on Flybe
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)