About this flight
The carrier: Germanwings
Now owned by Lufthansa,Germanwings is an indisputable giant, one of Germany's big three budget airlines. In addition to its German destinations, 'wings' flies to destinations in Turkey, Greece, Italy, Croatia and other Eastern locations. It benefits from one of the best and most wide-ranging destination tallies among the airlines we profile. Unlike many carriers, Germanwings' route map is broad and well-distributed across Europe. An added bonus we love? With the airline's "Smart Connect" one-stop booking tool, it is possible to purchase connecting flights as single fares.
One of Europe's bigger low-cost airlines, with very good reach into the Balkans. The website has a helpful low fare calendar in the upper right hand corner.
Operates in part on a connecting flight model, feeding passengers via hubs.
* Carry-on: Baggage cannot measure more than 55 x 40 x 20 centimeters and must weigh no more than 8 kg.
* Checked: Up to 20 kg of baggage (online €8 per piece is charged, at the airport €7 per piece); over this a charge of €20 per item).
* Please visit Germanwings’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Pre-booking is allowed online during or after the booking process until 3 hours before the flight. Standard seats cost €6 and XL seats with extra legroom cost €15. Before midnight the night before your flight, you can also reserve a “private seat” via the call center for the same price as your own seat. This means that the seat next to you will be kept empty for a more comfortable trip.
Check-in and Ticketing
Web check-in is available between 72 and 3 hours before departure. At a German airport you can check-in online up to one hour before departure. Passengers with checked luggage can also check- in online.
Germanwings hosts monthly offers, so check in often. Avoid early morning flights, which tend to be packed, out of their hubs. In general, allow extra time for check-in.
There have been many liveries for Germanwings in order to promote the destination city. There is a special livery to promote the City of Berlin (named "Berlin Bearbus"), and there have been special liveries for the German cities of Hamburg (named "Hamburg Shopper") and Stuttgart. There have also been liveries for T-Mobile and two others with a mouth with a tongue, one of them with a speech bubble across the aircraft.
Departure: Dresden, Germany - Dresden Apt (DRS)
Arrival: Fuerteventura, Spain (FUE)
Fuerteventura Airport serves the Spanish island of Fuerteventura and plays a key role in tourism development on the island. Aside from multiple EU and international destinations, the airport also currently links with other Spanish destinations, such as Barcelona, Bilbao, Girona and Seville. The Fuerteventura Airport is known for its month-long art exhibitions located in the check-in area on the lower floor of the terminal building. Since the commencement of the exhibitions, more than 30 artists have been able to showcase their art and work making the journey from the check-in area to the boarding lounge much more interesting and appealing to travelers.
Fuerteventura Airport is located in El Matorral, five km from the island capital of Puerto del Rosario.
• Bus: Outside of the arrivals hall, the bus stop is to the left of the building. There are two main bus routes: the number three runs ever half hour and the number ten runs every two hours. Both routes originate in Puerto del Rosario and travel to and from Caleta de Fuste via the Fuerteventura Airport. There is also a route between Puerto del Rosario and Morro Jable. These routes are operated by the local bus company Tiadhe. For specific information on schedules and fares visit their Official Website.
• Taxi: Taxis are available in front of the Arrivals Hall. It is possible to book a taxi in advance. Keep in mind that an Airport supplement must be paid in addition to the fare.
There are two information desks located in the terminal and a tourist office in the arrivals area. There are several airport shops and cafes on the first floor with a wide variety of goods. A main cafeteria area is also located on the first floor. In the terminal building there is a bank and ATMs. Other airport facilities include a children’s play area and first-aid.more...
Other flights between these cities
There are no other airports within 110km (68 miles) of Dresden, Germany - Dresden Apt (DRS)