About this flight
The carrier: Germanwings
Now owned by Lufthansa,Germanwings is an indisputable giant, one of Germany's big three budget airlines. In addition to its German destinations, 'wings' flies to destinations in Turkey, Greece, Italy, Croatia and other Eastern locations. It benefits from one of the best and most wide-ranging destination tallies among the airlines we profile. Unlike many carriers, Germanwings' route map is broad and well-distributed across Europe. An added bonus we love? With the airline's "Smart Connect" one-stop booking tool, it is possible to purchase connecting flights as single fares.
One of Europe's bigger low-cost airlines, with very good reach into the Balkans. The website has a helpful low fare calendar in the upper right hand corner.
Operates in part on a connecting flight model, feeding passengers via hubs.
* Carry-on: Baggage cannot measure more than 55 x 40 x 20 centimeters and must weigh no more than 8 kg.
* Checked: Up to 20 kg of baggage (online €8 per piece is charged, at the airport €7 per piece); over this a charge of €20 per item).
* Please visit Germanwings’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Pre-booking is allowed online during or after the booking process until 3 hours before the flight. Standard seats cost €6 and XL seats with extra legroom cost €15. Before midnight the night before your flight, you can also reserve a “private seat” via the call center for the same price as your own seat. This means that the seat next to you will be kept empty for a more comfortable trip.
Check-in and Ticketing
Web check-in is available between 72 and 3 hours before departure. At a German airport you can check-in online up to one hour before departure. Passengers with checked luggage can also check- in online.
Germanwings hosts monthly offers, so check in often. Avoid early morning flights, which tend to be packed, out of their hubs. In general, allow extra time for check-in.
There have been many liveries for Germanwings in order to promote the destination city. There is a special livery to promote the City of Berlin (named "Berlin Bearbus"), and there have been special liveries for the German cities of Hamburg (named "Hamburg Shopper") and Stuttgart. There have also been liveries for T-Mobile and two others with a mouth with a tongue, one of them with a speech bubble across the aircraft.
Departure: Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS)
Marseille Provence Airport or "Aéroport de Marseille Provence," also known as Marseille-Marignane Airport, opened its new terminal MP2 for budget airlines in September 2006.
Location: Marseille Provence Airport is located 21 kilometers (13 miles) northwest of Marseille, on the territory of Marignane, both communes of the Bouches-du-Rhône département in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur région of France.
- Bus: There are shuttle buses from the airport to Marseille St. Charles railway station and to Aix-en-Provence bus and TGV train stations. These shuttle trips usually last about 30 minutes.
- Taxi: Taxis are available daily and usually range from about €46 in the day and €57 at night. They can also be ordered in advance through the taxi booking Web site.
Services: There are various bars, restaurants and shops available inside the airport. The airport also has Wi-Fi access within the main terminal building. In terminal MP2, there are phones and ATMs but no internet access.more...
Arrival: London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN)
The name Stansted is synonymous with low-cost carriers. A massive hub for Ryanair, Stansted also serves as a hub for easyJet, Air Berlin, and nine other budget airlines. It's London's third-biggest airport. Location: London-Stansted Airport is located 48 km (30 miles) northeast of London. Transport: - Rail: The Stansted Express provides a 45-minute train journey to Liverpool Street Station. National Express offers service to London Stratford and Lea Valley Stations. For more information on timetables and rates check the National Express Official Website. Cross-country trains serve destinations to the Midlands and the North. - Bus: The Terravision express bus provides a 75-minute journey to Victoria, and the National Express bus line offers 90-minute journeys to Victoria, Liverpool, and Stratford Stations. There are also numerous other local buses that stop at the airport. Transfers can be made through Easybus as well. - Taxi: Checker Cars taxi company serves Stansted airport and operates service to London and other destinations. The taxis can be found outside the terminal building. For more information consult the Website. Service:There's an information desk in the international arrivals area as well as courtesy telephones throughout the terminal. Wi-Fi internet access is available too. In addition, the airport has multiple ATMs, a currency exchange, many restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. Other airport facilities include a baby changing area, showers, and a multi-faith chapel.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Avignon, France - Avignon Caumont (AVN) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on Ryanair
- Avignon, France - Avignon Caumont (AVN) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Flybe
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on easyJet
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Ryanair
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- Nimes, France - Nimes-Arles-Camargue (FNI) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on Ryanair
- Nimes, France - Nimes-Arles-Camargue (FNI) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- St. Tropez, France - La Mole (LTT) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Ryanair
- Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) - 45km (28 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)