About this flight
The carrier: Jet2
We like to think of Jet2 as the little budget airline that could. Based at Leeds Bradford airport in the north of England, Jet2 also flies to multiple destinations from hub airports across England, Northern Ireland and Scotland. Although Jet2 has been flying for nearly 30 years, it was called Channel Express (Air Services) for its first 20 years.
Slightly out of the media loop due to its headquarters in England's north, Jet2 nonetheless flies an impressive number of routes to destinations across Europe, with especially good connections to France, Spain, and Italy.
Jet2 has innovated quietly and consistently in a number of ways. In early 2007, they rolled out an in-flight handheld entertainment device.
Airline is innovative and particularly good for travel to and from England's north.
Jet2 should augment current destinations with more big-city destinations. Extra charges during booking can lead to a doubling of the original quoted price.
* Carry-on: One "small piece" of hand luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 22kg. Each passenger can have up to three bags, none of which can weigh over 25kg. The cost is €14 for each additional kilo.
* Please visit Jet2’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You can choose seats at the time of your purchase on-line. Alternately, seats are selected on a first-come first-serve basis at the time of check-in. Seats with extra legroom can be reserved for €14-33.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 28 days until 5 hours before departure. You must select it while you book your flight. If you forget to check-in online or don’t print your boarding pass then you will be charged a €23 fee.
Be aware of the many additional costs when booking online.more...
Departure: Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN)
Manchester Airport, previously known as Ringway Airport, is the largest UK airport outside London. Location: Manchester Airport is located 17 km (10 miles) southwest of Manchester. Transport: - Rail: The Skylink moving walkway system connects The Station, which is Manchester Airport's rail, bus and coach interchange. Trains serving Manchester Airport run to and from various destinations in the Midlands and Northern England. For more information on schedules and fares consult the National Rail Website. - Bus: Many local and express buses serve the Manchester airport. For information on local routes consult the travel information Website. The National Express Website has more information on buses from Manchester Airport to various destinations all over the UK. - Taxi: Taxis are available outside the arrivals halls of each terminal. Service: Information desks can be found in all terminals as well as Internet stations and ATMs. Banking services are available as well as currency exchange, and Wi-Fi Internet access. All terminals have numerous shops, restaurants, and cafes. Other airport amenities include baby changing facilities, a children's play area, medical center, and prayer rooms. more...
Arrival: Venice, Italy - Marco Polo (VCE)
Venice Marco Polo Airport is an airport named after the Venetian traveler Marco Polo.
Location: Venice Marco Polo Airport is located 12 kilometers north of Venice by land, and 10 kilometer by water. The airport is situated in Tessera, a "frazione" of the commune of Venice.
- Rail: Venice-Mestre railway station is connected to the airport by the ATVO Fly Bus.
- Bus: Two bus options are available to get you between the airport and central Venice. The ATVO airport shuttle bus travels to and from the Piazzale Roma, near the Santa Lucia train station. Buses leave from the airport every hour. The trip takes about 20 minutes and costs €3. For more information, visit the ATVO website. The ACTV bus no. 5 is a local public bus. It costs €1 (plus an additional €1 for every piece of luggage) and takes 30 to 45 minutes. Buses depart every half hour. Tickets can be purchased at the newsstand inside the terminal from the bus stop.
- Boat: You can always arrive directly at Piazza San Marco in nautical style via the Cooperative San Marco/Alilaguna. For €12 you can get to town by sea courtesy of a large shuttle boat called the "motoscafo." The hour-long boat journey between the airport and Piazza San Marco makes intermediate stops at Murano and the Lido a dozen times each day. Boats zoom to and fro from 6 a.m. until 12 a.m.
If your hotel is not within a stone's throw of San Marco, make a vaporetto connection here. For more information, visit the website.
- Water taxi: We can't in good Cheapo conscience recommend that you get taken for a ride on one of the prohibitively expensive water taxis. This 20 to 30-minute option from the airport will set you back €90 for between one and six passengers and €105 for seven to 10 passengers. The taxi will go as close to your hotel as it can.
- Taxi: Radiotaxi are available at the airport, as well as shared taxis. A land taxi from the airport to Piazzale Roma will run about €30 plus €.55 per piece of luggage. From there, you can pick up a local vaporetto.
Service: There is a Tourist Information Office is located in the Arrivals area, and an Airport Information Desk in the Departures ares. There are bars, cafes, and restaurants as well as various retail shops and duty free. Banks, Bureaux de Change, and a post office are all located at the airport, as well as 24 hour ATM's. Additional facilities include a prayer room, first aid service, and a spa.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) to Treviso, Italy - Sant'Angelo Treviso (TSF) on Ryanair
- Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) to Venice, Italy - Marco Polo (VCE) on Ryanair
- Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) to Treviso, Italy - Sant'Angelo Treviso (TSF) on Ryanair
- Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) to Venice, Italy - Marco Polo (VCE) on Ryanair
- Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) to Treviso, Italy - Sant'Angelo Treviso (TSF) on Ryanair
- Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) to Venice, Italy - Marco Polo (VCE) on Ryanair
- Nottingham, United Kingdom - East Midlands (EMA) to Trieste, Italy - Dei Legionari (TRS) on Ryanair