About this flight
The carrier: Jet2
We like to think of Jet2 as the little budget airline that could. Based at Leeds Bradford airport in the north of England, Jet2 also flies to multiple destinations from hub airports across England, Northern Ireland and Scotland. Although Jet2 has been flying for nearly 30 years, it was called Channel Express (Air Services) for its first 20 years.
Slightly out of the media loop due to its headquarters in England's north, Jet2 nonetheless flies an impressive number of routes to destinations across Europe, with especially good connections to France, Spain, and Italy.
Jet2 has innovated quietly and consistently in a number of ways. In early 2007, they rolled out an in-flight handheld entertainment device.
Airline is innovative and particularly good for travel to and from England's north.
Jet2 should augment current destinations with more big-city destinations. Extra charges during booking can lead to a doubling of the original quoted price.
* Carry-on: One "small piece" of hand luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 22kg. Each passenger can have up to three bags, none of which can weigh over 25kg. The cost is €14 for each additional kilo.
* Please visit Jet2’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You can choose seats at the time of your purchase on-line. Alternately, seats are selected on a first-come first-serve basis at the time of check-in. Seats with extra legroom can be reserved for €14-33.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 28 days until 5 hours before departure. You must select it while you book your flight. If you forget to check-in online or don’t print your boarding pass then you will be charged a €23 fee.
Be aware of the many additional costs when booking online.more...
Departure: Paris, France - Charles De Gaulle (CDG)
Charles de Gaulle International Airport or "Aéroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle," also known as "Roissy Airport" or simply "Roissy," is one of the world's principal aviation centers, as well as France's main international airport. It is named after General Charles de Gaulle who led the Free French Forces and was the founder of the French Fifth Republic. This is the most heavily-trafficked airport in France and one of the biggest in Europe.
In addition to being served by an extraordinary number of conventional carrier airlines, CDG is also utilized by plenty of low-cost carriers. Vueling, easyJet, and flybe all serve CDG with multiple routes.
Location: Charles de Gaulle International Airport is located 23 kilometers (14 miles) northeast of Paris.
- Rail: To Charles de Gaulle, you must take the Metro to the RER line B, direction Roissy/Charles de Gaulle. Sometimes it is not easy to recognize which RER trains go to the airport and which turn off towards another destination. If unsure, ask somebody at the station which train is correct.
- Bus: Air France runs two buses from Charles de Gaulle into Paris. Both lines depart from terminals 1 & 2 and their routes exclude terminal 3, which primarily serves for charters and low-cost carriers like EasyJet. Line 2 stops at Porte Maillot and Arc de Triomphe and runs every 20 minutes from 5:50 a.m. until 11 p.m.
A one-way journey costs €15 or €7.50 for children, and a round-trip ticket costs €20. Line 4 runs every 30 minutes between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. and stops at Gare de Lyon and Montparnasse. It costs €16.50 for a one-way adult journey, or €8 for a child. A round-trip ticket costs €22. The journey takes approximately 50 minutes.
The Roissybus stops at Place de l'Opéra adjacent to the American Express office. It departs from all three terminals. The trip takes around 45 minutes and service is from 6 a.m. through 11 p.m. (Keep in mind that the connecting RATP service ends at 10:30 p.m.) The bus costs €8.60 for a one-way journey. We like this Web site for information on Charles de Gaulle.
- Taxi: Several taxi companies provide service to and from the Charles de Gaulle International Airport. A taxi from the airport to the city center should take around 45 minutes. This will be pricey, so we recommend taking public transportation.
Services: The Charles de Gaulle International Airport offers many stores and duty-free shops as well as cafes, bars and restaurants for travelers in need of a break. ATMs and currency exchanges are also available for convenience. Visitors can take advantage of various Internet portals throughout the airport or access the airport’s Wi-Fi connection. Play areas and arcade games are available for children. Other facilities include places of worship, banks and post offices.
Arrival: Leeds, United Kingdom - Leeds Bradford (LBA)
Leeds Bradford International Airport was originally Yeadon Aerodrome, which began operating in October 1931. During that time, club flying and training flights were the principle activities. Since then, it has expanded tremendously with an increase in facilities and many transportation improvements. Location: Leeds Bradford International Airport is located 18 km (11 miles) northwest of Leeds and 11km (7 miles) north of Bradford. Transport: - Rail: Rail service to the airport is available from most UK rail stations via the Leeds City Station, Bradford Interchange, or York City Station. Tickets can be purchased at rail stations or on the train. Allow about 20 minutes for train to bus transfers. For more information on schedules and rates, consult the transit Website. - Bus: First York company provides hourly as well as express service between the airport and the York Rail Station. For more information consult the First York Website. Metroconnect 757 provides connections between the airport and Bradford's Foster Square rail station as well as Greengates, Apperley Bridge, Rawdon, and Yeadon. - Taxi: The Arrow private hire taxis are available for pre-booking at the office in the International Arrivals area. Travelers are able to pre-book online using the company's Official Website. Service: Shopping at the airport includes duty-free, a bookshop, and a newsstand. There are also numerous pubs, cafes, and snack bars at the airport. Other facilities include a quiet room, children's play area, foreign exchange, and on-site spa. The airport is Wi-Fi accessible. more...
Other flights between these cities
- Paris, France - Beauvais Tille (BVA) to Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) on Ryanair
- Paris, France - Beauvais Tille (BVA) to Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) on Ryanair
- Paris, France - Charles De Gaulle (CDG) to Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) on easyJet
- Paris, France - Beauvais Tille (BVA) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Ryanair
- Paris, France - Charles De Gaulle (CDG) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Flybe
- Paris, France - Beauvais Tille (BVA) to Nottingham, United Kingdom - East Midlands (EMA) on Ryanair
- Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) - 97km (60 miles)
- Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) - 101km (63 miles)
- Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) - 70km (43 miles)
- Nottingham, United Kingdom - East Midlands (EMA) - 100km (62 miles)
- Humberside, United Kingdom - Humberside (HUY) - 84km (52 miles)
- Teesside, United Kingdom - Durham Tees Valley (MME) - 78km (49 miles)