About this flight
The carrier: Jet2
We like to think of Jet2 as the little budget airline that could. Based at Leeds Bradford airport in the north of England, Jet2 also flies to multiple destinations from hub airports across England, Northern Ireland and Scotland. Although Jet2 has been flying for nearly 30 years, it was called Channel Express (Air Services) for its first 20 years.
Slightly out of the media loop due to its headquarters in England's north, Jet2 nonetheless flies an impressive number of routes to destinations across Europe, with especially good connections to France, Spain, and Italy.
Jet2 has innovated quietly and consistently in a number of ways. In early 2007, they rolled out an in-flight handheld entertainment device.
Airline is innovative and particularly good for travel to and from England's north.
Jet2 should augment current destinations with more big-city destinations. Extra charges during booking can lead to a doubling of the original quoted price.
* Carry-on: One "small piece" of hand luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 22kg. Each passenger can have up to three bags, none of which can weigh over 25kg. The cost is €14 for each additional kilo.
* Please visit Jet2’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You can choose seats at the time of your purchase on-line. Alternately, seats are selected on a first-come first-serve basis at the time of check-in. Seats with extra legroom can be reserved for €14-33.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 28 days until 5 hours before departure. You must select it while you book your flight. If you forget to check-in online or don’t print your boarding pass then you will be charged a €23 fee.
Be aware of the many additional costs when booking online.more...
Departure: Rome, Italy - Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino (FCO)
Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport or "Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino," also commonly known as Rome-Fiumicino International Airport, its former name, is Italy's largest airport and second-largest international air gateway and Rome's primary airport. While the focus at Fiumicino is on long-haul routes flown by conventional airlines, the airport also hosts several budget airlines. Among these, Blu-express, Vueling, and Air Berlin fly the most routes.
Fiumicino may not be one of the most exciting big city airports in Europe, but it does, unsurprisingly, sport some of the best espresso bars we've ever found.
Location: Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport is situated 30 kilometers (19 miles) southwest of the city, in the coastal city of Fiumicino.
- Rail: Fiumicino benefits from a fab airport train connection, which drops passengers off at Rome's massive Termini train station. To take the train, follow the signs at the airport marked "Treni." The train runs every half hour, from 6:37 a.m. until 11:37 p.m. and takes about 35 minutes. Tickets cost €9.50 and can be purchased from one of the (sometimes unreliable) ticket machines or at the train ticket office. If you're pressed for time, you can buy a ticket on the train for €11.
Another option, especially good for visitors staying in Trastevere, is to take one of the local trains, Orte or Fara Sabina. A journey on either train lasts 45 minutes and costs €5. Orte and Fara Sabina trains depart from the airport station for Rome's Stazione Tiburtina. At Tiburtina, you can catch the B subway line. Stops on the B line include Trastevere and Ostiense.
- Bus: Another way to get into the center of Rome from Fiumicino airport is on the Terravision express bus. The Terravision bus connects Fiumicino airport to Rome's Termini Station. Tickets cost €7 one-way and €12 round-trip. Visit the Terravision booking engine to book bus tickets in advance.
- Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport. The official taxis are white and identified by the illuminated Taxi sign on the roof. Ensure the meter is running, and check the approximate price of the journey beforehand. Expect to pay a whopping €60 per ride, not including supplementary charges for luggage, nighttime travel, and Sunday travel. (Stick to the train, folks!)
Service: There are information desks located in all three terminals. There are a number of restaurants, cafes and bars located throughout the airport. There are numerous first-class shopping centers that have exclusive stores selling quality goods, as well as the duty-free shops. Other facilities include first aid, a chapel and prayer room, a Bureau de change, and 24-hour cash machines (ATMs).more...
Arrival: Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN)
Manchester Airport, previously known as Ringway Airport, is the largest UK airport outside London. Location: Manchester Airport is located 17 km (10 miles) southwest of Manchester. Transport: - Rail: The Skylink moving walkway system connects The Station, which is Manchester Airport's rail, bus and coach interchange. Trains serving Manchester Airport run to and from various destinations in the Midlands and Northern England. For more information on schedules and fares consult the National Rail Website. - Bus: Many local and express buses serve the Manchester airport. For information on local routes consult the travel information Website. The National Express Website has more information on buses from Manchester Airport to various destinations all over the UK. - Taxi: Taxis are available outside the arrivals halls of each terminal. Service: Information desks can be found in all terminals as well as Internet stations and ATMs. Banking services are available as well as currency exchange, and Wi-Fi Internet access. All terminals have numerous shops, restaurants, and cafes. Other airport amenities include baby changing facilities, a children's play area, medical center, and prayer rooms. more...
Other flights between these cities
- Rome, Italy - Ciampino Airport (CIA) to Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) on Ryanair
- Rome, Italy - Ciampino Airport (CIA) to Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) on Ryanair
- Rome, Italy - Ciampino Airport (CIA) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Ryanair
- Rome, Italy - Ciampino Airport (CIA) to Nottingham, United Kingdom - East Midlands (EMA) on Ryanair