About this flight
The carrier: Monarch
Monarch is expressly designed to get tourists from the UK to sunny territory. It flies from London, Aberdeen, Birmingham and Manchester to destinations in Spain (including the Canary Islands) and Portugal, as well as Gibraltar and Larnaca.
Primarily a holiday airline, Monarch is also referred to as "Monarch Scheduled" to differentiate its scheduled services from its charter capacity. "Scheduled" flights currently account for over half of Monarch's flights.
Great route strength from the UK to the Mediterranean.
Airline does not serve city break destinations.
* Carry-on: One item of hand luggage not exceeding 5 kg is permitted, free of charge. (Note: Passengers are not able to combine weight of carry-on and check-in baggage)
* Checked: Up to five separate bags, not to exceed 20 kg (€7.50 will be charged for every kg over.). You will be charged for each checked bag (€12.50 per bag online, €23 per bag at airport and through the call center).
* Please visit Monarch’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You may pre-reserve seats for a fee of €9 at the time of booking or at check-in. Seats with extended leg room are €24 per person for short haul flights, more for long hauls. (With a name like Monarch, let's hope those seats are fit for a king!)
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 7 days until 4.5 hours before departure. If you book your hold and checked bags online, you can save 40% off the airport price! Note that online checking is only available for bookings made directly through Monarch, not a travel agent or tour guide.
Book your baggage on-line, where the cost is at less for checked bags in-person or over the phone. Save your money and don't book premium (unless you absolutely need the extra leg room).more...
Departure: London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW)
Gatwick is London's (and the UK's) second-busiest airport and Europe's sixth-busiest. Gatwick is a major hub that sits roughly between London and Brighton, about 50 miles (30 km) south of London. Low-cost leader easyJet rules Gatwick along with British Airways. Many other budget and charter airlines fly into Gatwick, including Monarch and Thomsonfly. Location: Gatwick Airport is located 45 km (28 miles) south of London. Transport: - Rail: A free transit train connects Gatwick’s North and South terminals to the main rail station nearby. In the arrivals hall of both terminals there's a rail info desk where you can purchase tickets and obtain rail schedules. The Gatwick Express offers high-speed train shuttle service between Gatwick Airport and downtown London. The journey only takes half an hour. For more information, including time tables and cost, check out the Gatwick Express's Official Website. Express trains between Gatwick and Heathrow as well as Gatwick and Stansted are also available every 15 minutes. - Bus: The local bus service runs to and from both Gatwick terminals to various destinations including Crawley, Horley, Redhill and Horsham, as well as other local stops. The bus lines include: 'Fastway 10' every eight minutes with 24-hour service, 'Fastway 20' every 20 minutes, Route 100 every 20 minutes, and Gatwick Direct 200 every 30 minutes. There is also an express coach available between the airport and the London Victoria Coach station. For more information on the express coach consult the Official Website. Every 30 minutes, bus lines run between Gatwick and Heathrow and Gatwick and Stansted airports as well. - Taxi: Checker Cars is the taxi company that serves Gatwick Airport. They operate on a quoted fare system but cars may also be pre-booked with fares paid either in advance or after the journey. The Checker Cars booking office is located in the North Terminal Arrivals Hall. A taxi into the city will take approximately 65 minutes. Service:There are information desks in each airport terminal that are open 24-hours with multi-lingual staff available. Both terminals have a currency exchange as well as ATMs. In the South Terminal there is a 24-hour internet cafe and a post office. The airport also has wireless internet available, numerous bars, restaurants, and cafes as well as shops and duty-free outlets. Other facilities include baby changing rooms and showers, a children's play area, and a medical center that offers vaccinations.more...
Arrival: Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA)
Gran Canaria Airport or "Aeropuerto de Gran Canaria," formerly known as Gando Airport is located on Gran Canaria Island, Spain, in the Canary Islands off the west coast of Africa. The airport is Spain's fifth busiest as well as the largest in the Canary Island (the only airport with more than one runway). It also serves as an emergency landing site for the Space Shuttle. This airport is an essential part of the tourism in the Canary Islands.
Gran Canaria Airport is located to the east of Gran Canaria on the Bay of Gando or "Bahía de Gando," about 18 km (11 mi) from the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, and 25 km (15 mi) from the popular tourist areas in the south.
• Bus: The location of bus stops for buses from the city are in zones A and C (departures) and at the center of the terminal (arrivals) for buses to the city. For specific information regarding scheduling and fares consult the bus company’s Official Website.
• Taxi: Gran Canaria taxis can be found outside all three arrival zones.
There are multiple shops and places to eat for travelers at the airport. Other services include ATMs, a bank, an internet café, and a currency exchange. There is an information desk in each zone as well as a tourism desk in the EU Arrivals Hall. There is also a 24-hour medical service, a pharmacy, baby rooms, a children’s play room, a chapel, and a mini-supermarket. Gran Canaria Airport also offers airport tours which give travelers tips and bits of the island's aviation history.more...
Other flights between these cities
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on easyJet
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Norwegian Air Shuttle
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Monarch
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) - 45km (28 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)