About this flight
The carrier: Monarch
Monarch is expressly designed to get tourists from the UK to sunny territory. It flies from London, Aberdeen, Birmingham and Manchester to destinations in Spain (including the Canary Islands) and Portugal, as well as Gibraltar and Larnaca.
Primarily a holiday airline, Monarch is also referred to as "Monarch Scheduled" to differentiate its scheduled services from its charter capacity. "Scheduled" flights currently account for over half of Monarch's flights.
Great route strength from the UK to the Mediterranean.
Airline does not serve city break destinations.
* Carry-on: One item of hand luggage not exceeding 5 kg is permitted, free of charge. (Note: Passengers are not able to combine weight of carry-on and check-in baggage)
* Checked: Up to five separate bags, not to exceed 20 kg (€7.50 will be charged for every kg over.). You will be charged for each checked bag (€12.50 per bag online, €23 per bag at airport and through the call center).
* Please visit Monarch’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You may pre-reserve seats for a fee of €9 at the time of booking or at check-in. Seats with extended leg room are €24 per person for short haul flights, more for long hauls. (With a name like Monarch, let's hope those seats are fit for a king!)
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 7 days until 4.5 hours before departure. If you book your hold and checked bags online, you can save 40% off the airport price! Note that online checking is only available for bookings made directly through Monarch, not a travel agent or tour guide.
Book your baggage on-line, where the cost is at less for checked bags in-person or over the phone. Save your money and don't book premium (unless you absolutely need the extra leg room).more...
Departure: London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN)
In Brief: London Luton is another of London's budget airline-friendly airports. It serves as a hub for Ryanair, easyJet, WizzAir, Thomsonfly, and Monarch, and also serves Aer Arann and Flybe. It is located just under 50 km (about 30 miles) north of London. Transportation: The airport offers a free shuttle to the Luton Airport Parkway station, where the Thameslink train speeds passengers into King's Cross Station in 35 minutes (£12.10.) EasyBus runs a 90-minute shuttle to a location on Buckingham Palace Road near Victoria Station. Fares technically begin at £2, but we've found fares more commonly to be around £5. There's also a Greenline (Arriva) bus connection, which charges £12 for a 35-minute journey to the City of London.more...
Arrival: Mahon, Spain - Menorca (MAH)
Menorca Airport, also known as Mahon Airport, serves the Balearic island of Minorca in the Mediterranean Sea, off the eastern coast of Spain.
Menorca Airport is located about 5km (3 miles) to the southwest of the capital, Mahón.
• Bus: Menorca Airport Buses leave every 30 minutes. From Mahon bus station you can transfer to most towns on the island. Departures start from Calle Jose Anselmo Clave located in the center of Mahon. Notably, most of the buses are orange.
• Taxi: Menorca Airport Taxis can be hailed from the taxi rank outside of the main Arrivals Hall or booked in advance.
There are ATMs and a bank in the terminal building as well as four bars, cafeterias, and three restaurants. Travelers can buy local goods or duty free goods at the airport shops. There is also a lost and found on the arrival floor.more...
Other flights between these cities
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Mahon, Spain - Menorca (MAH) on easyJet
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Mahon, Spain - Menorca (MAH) on Monarch
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Mahon, Spain - Menorca (MAH) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) to Mahon, Spain - Menorca (MAH) on easyJet
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) to Mahon, Spain - Menorca (MAH) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Mahon, Spain - Menorca (MAH) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)