About this flight
The carrier: Monarch
Monarch is expressly designed to get tourists from the UK to sunny territory. It flies from London, Aberdeen, Birmingham and Manchester to destinations in Spain (including the Canary Islands) and Portugal, as well as Gibraltar and Larnaca.
Primarily a holiday airline, Monarch is also referred to as "Monarch Scheduled" to differentiate its scheduled services from its charter capacity. "Scheduled" flights currently account for over half of Monarch's flights.
Great route strength from the UK to the Mediterranean.
Airline does not serve city break destinations.
* Carry-on: One item of hand luggage not exceeding 5 kg is permitted, free of charge. (Note: Passengers are not able to combine weight of carry-on and check-in baggage)
* Checked: Up to five separate bags, not to exceed 20 kg (€7.50 will be charged for every kg over.). You will be charged for each checked bag (€12.50 per bag online, €23 per bag at airport and through the call center).
* Please visit Monarch’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You may pre-reserve seats for a fee of €9 at the time of booking or at check-in. Seats with extended leg room are €24 per person for short haul flights, more for long hauls. (With a name like Monarch, let's hope those seats are fit for a king!)
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 7 days until 4.5 hours before departure. If you book your hold and checked bags online, you can save 40% off the airport price! Note that online checking is only available for bookings made directly through Monarch, not a travel agent or tour guide.
Book your baggage on-line, where the cost is at less for checked bags in-person or over the phone. Save your money and don't book premium (unless you absolutely need the extra leg room).more...
Departure: Malaga, Spain (AGP)
Málaga Airport is the main airport in the Costa del Sol region of Spain. Recently, the airport has seen major growth due to the increased service provided by budget airlines. Among these, easyJet, Ryanair, and Vueling service the most destinations.
Málaga Airport is located 8 km (5 miles) southwest of the center of Malaga.
• Rail: A Cercanís commuter train links the airport with the city center, taking about 15 minutes to make the journey, and costing €1.15 on weekdays; €1.25 on weekends. The Malaga airport train stop is roughly 300 meters from the airport building and can be reached by a ramp from the first floor departures level.
• Bus: There's also a bus link between the airport and the city, which costs €1. Travelers can take Line 19 from the airport directly into the Malaga city center (the journey will take around 20 minutes). If you wish to travel to other parts of the coast you will be able to catch buses to many different areas at the main bus terminal in Malaga. For more specific details check out the main websites for Estabus and EMT. The bus company Portillo provides service to and from Marbella and other popular destinations.
• Taxi: Outside Terminal 1 Arrivals, you can catch a cab at the airport’s main taxi rank. For information on rates there should be a poster on the wall beside the double doors that show the amounts taxis should charge. Also, keep in mind that the taxis have an airport surcharge which is applied at different times of the day.
Internet access is available throughout the Málaga Airport. There is a bank with a currency exchange in Arrivals in Terminal 2, as well as many ATMs and a post office in Terminal 1. There are a few places to eat and shop in the airport. Other facilities include a pharmacy, medical service, and an aviation museum.more...
Arrival: London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW)
Gatwick is London's (and the UK's) second-busiest airport and Europe's sixth-busiest. Gatwick is a major hub that sits roughly between London and Brighton, about 50 miles (30 km) south of London. Low-cost leader easyJet rules Gatwick along with British Airways. Many other budget and charter airlines fly into Gatwick, including Monarch and Thomsonfly. Location: Gatwick Airport is located 45 km (28 miles) south of London. Transport: - Rail: A free transit train connects Gatwick’s North and South terminals to the main rail station nearby. In the arrivals hall of both terminals there's a rail info desk where you can purchase tickets and obtain rail schedules. The Gatwick Express offers high-speed train shuttle service between Gatwick Airport and downtown London. The journey only takes half an hour. For more information, including time tables and cost, check out the Gatwick Express's Official Website. Express trains between Gatwick and Heathrow as well as Gatwick and Stansted are also available every 15 minutes. - Bus: The local bus service runs to and from both Gatwick terminals to various destinations including Crawley, Horley, Redhill and Horsham, as well as other local stops. The bus lines include: 'Fastway 10' every eight minutes with 24-hour service, 'Fastway 20' every 20 minutes, Route 100 every 20 minutes, and Gatwick Direct 200 every 30 minutes. There is also an express coach available between the airport and the London Victoria Coach station. For more information on the express coach consult the Official Website. Every 30 minutes, bus lines run between Gatwick and Heathrow and Gatwick and Stansted airports as well. - Taxi: Checker Cars is the taxi company that serves Gatwick Airport. They operate on a quoted fare system but cars may also be pre-booked with fares paid either in advance or after the journey. The Checker Cars booking office is located in the North Terminal Arrivals Hall. A taxi into the city will take approximately 65 minutes. Service:There are information desks in each airport terminal that are open 24-hours with multi-lingual staff available. Both terminals have a currency exchange as well as ATMs. In the South Terminal there is a 24-hour internet cafe and a post office. The airport also has wireless internet available, numerous bars, restaurants, and cafes as well as shops and duty-free outlets. Other facilities include baby changing rooms and showers, a children's play area, and a medical center that offers vaccinations.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Granada, Spain - Granada International (GRX) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on easyJet
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Thomsonfly
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Aer Lingus
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on airberlin
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on easyJet
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on Monarch
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on Thomsonfly
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on easyJet
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on airberlin
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Flybe
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) - 45km (28 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)