About this flight
The carrier: Monarch
Monarch is expressly designed to get tourists from the UK to sunny territory. It flies from London, Aberdeen, Birmingham and Manchester to destinations in Spain (including the Canary Islands) and Portugal, as well as Gibraltar and Larnaca.
Primarily a holiday airline, Monarch is also referred to as "Monarch Scheduled" to differentiate its scheduled services from its charter capacity. "Scheduled" flights currently account for over half of Monarch's flights.
Great route strength from the UK to the Mediterranean.
Airline does not serve city break destinations.
* Carry-on: One item of hand luggage not exceeding 5 kg is permitted, free of charge. (Note: Passengers are not able to combine weight of carry-on and check-in baggage)
* Checked: Up to five separate bags, not to exceed 20 kg (€7.50 will be charged for every kg over.). You will be charged for each checked bag (€12.50 per bag online, €23 per bag at airport and through the call center).
* Please visit Monarch’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You may pre-reserve seats for a fee of €9 at the time of booking or at check-in. Seats with extended leg room are €24 per person for short haul flights, more for long hauls. (With a name like Monarch, let's hope those seats are fit for a king!)
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 7 days until 4.5 hours before departure. If you book your hold and checked bags online, you can save 40% off the airport price! Note that online checking is only available for bookings made directly through Monarch, not a travel agent or tour guide.
Book your baggage on-line, where the cost is at less for checked bags in-person or over the phone. Save your money and don't book premium (unless you absolutely need the extra leg room).more...
Departure: Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS)
Tenerife South Airport, previously known as Tenerife South-Reina Sofia Airport, is one of two international airports located on the island of Tenerife, in the Canary Islands. The airport was inaugurated in November of 1978 by Queen Sofía of Spain, after whom the airport is dedicated. The high season for Tenerife is during the winter months when Northern European tourists migrate to take advantage of the warm Tenerife winter weather. The airport is open 24-hous and offers more than 100 connecting flights. Location: Tenerife South Airport is located 60km (37.5 miles) south of the capital city of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Transport: - Bus: There are three bus routes to choose from, all of which are located outside the Arrivals Hall. Travelers can find connection to Puerto de la Cruz, North Tenerife Airport, and the beaches on the south shores of the island. - Taxi: Taxis are available in front of the Arrivals Hall. They can be taken to the Santa Cruz de Tenerife city center. The journey will be approximately one hour. Service: In the airport terminal there is a bank, ATMs and a post office. Travelers can also find many places to eat and shops (which include duty free areas and a newsstand). Other airport amenities include a pharmacy, 24-hour medical center, and a chapel. more...
Arrival: London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN)
In Brief: London Luton is another of London's budget airline-friendly airports. It serves as a hub for Ryanair, easyJet, WizzAir, Thomsonfly, and Monarch, and also serves Aer Arann and Flybe. It is located just under 50 km (about 30 miles) north of London. Transportation: The airport offers a free shuttle to the Luton Airport Parkway station, where the Thameslink train speeds passengers into King's Cross Station in 35 minutes (£12.10.) EasyBus runs a 90-minute shuttle to a location on Buckingham Palace Road near Victoria Station. Fares technically begin at £2, but we've found fares more commonly to be around £5. There's also a Greenline (Arriva) bus connection, which charges £12 for a 35-minute journey to the City of London.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on easyJet
- Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Monarch
- Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Thomsonfly
- Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on Thomsonfly
- Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Tenerife, Spain - Sur Reina Sofia (TFS) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)