About this flight
The carrier: Ryanair
The big daddy of them all, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair maintains the most awe-inspiring route map and tends to add new destinations (and cancel unprofitable routes) at blistering, breakneck speed. Founded in 1985, Ryanair was Europe's original low fares airline and is still Europe's largest low fares carrier. At current count, Ryanair operates well over 1000 routes, from Inverness to Brindisi; Tampere to Tenerife.
It's easy to have lots of opinions about Ryanair; we certainly do. It's a big monster of an airline. We've been pleased as punch on Ryanair, psyched to take advantage of insanely cheap fares, and we've also been annoyed beyond belief with the airline, distressed by enormous surcharges on too-heavy luggage and staff who appear to be completely clueless.
With Ryanair more than with the other airlines we describe here, it pays to be informed about potential penalties and pitfalls.
Massive number of destinations. Really cheap fares.
Numerous extra charges when booking. Customer care isn't a priority. Food prices on board very steep.
* Carry-on: One piece of luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 3 bags with a combined weight of 15 kg. If booked on-line using Ryanair, the first bag is €15 and the second and third bags are €20 each. Over 15 kg, €15 per kg at the airport. Please note that Ryanair increases the price by €5 in July and August.
* Please visit Ryanair’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Since Ryanair is free for all when it comes to landing seats, it can sometimes be worth it to pay the €5 for priority boarding. In advance, book priority boarding status online, if you hold an EU passport.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you check in at the airport, you will also incur a €5 fee. The fee is €10 at the airport. Note that American passengers can only check in at the airport. Online check-in is available from 15 days to 4 hours before departure. The boarding pass can be printed until 40 minutes before departure. If you lose your pass then you will have to pay a fee to have a new one reissued. Bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure, so if you check-in online you must make sure to have your bags in on time.
Book online whenever possible because fees are significantly reduced. Also familiarize yourself with Ryanair's table of fees.more...
Departure: Basel, Switzerland - EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL)
EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg is located near the border of Switzerland, France and Germany, but is officially located in France (on the administrative territory of Saint-Louis). The airport is split into two halves, one serving the French side (known as Schengen) and the other serving the Swiss side. Transport: - Bus: BVB provides service to Basel on the Swiss side. Distribus connects the airport and the St. Louis stations (which provide a rail link to Mulhouse, France). The Freiburger Reisedienst provides bus services to and from the airport and Freiburg, Germany. - Taxi: Taxi stands are located in front of the Arrivals hall, both on the French and Swiss sides. Service: There is an airport information desk located between the French and Swiss sides. Other services include ATMs, Wi-Fi Internet access, currency exchange, a bank, children's play areas, restaurants, bars, and shops (including duty-free). more...
Arrival: Murcia, Spain - San Javier (MJV)
Murcia-San Javier Airport functions as both a military air base and civilian passenger airport. Recently, Murcia Airport has become much busier due to the arrival of many low-cost carriers. The airport itself has become essential in the holiday and tourism industry of Murcia. Location: Murcia-San Javier Airport is located in the municipality of San Javier, 17 miles south of Murcia, Spain. Transport: - Bus: A service between Murcia -San Javier Airport and Murcia Bus Station. Latbus is available via Line 73. The trip should last about 45 minutes in total. For more information visit the bus company’s Official Website. - Taxi: The taxi rank is located outside the Terminal building. It is important to note that the limit of passengers on most Murcia Airport taxis are four people (including children). It is recommended that transfers for larger parties should be booked in advance. Service: The airport offers a few restaurants and shops for travelers to enjoy. more...
Other flights between these cities
- Basel, Switzerland - EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL) to Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) on easyJet
- Basel, Switzerland - EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL) to Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) on Ryanair
- Basel, Switzerland - EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL) to Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) on airberlin
- Basel, Switzerland - EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL) to Murcia, Spain - San Javier (MJV) on airberlin
- Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Kloten) (ZRH) to Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) on airberlin
- Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Kloten) (ZRH) to Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) on Vueling
- Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Kloten) (ZRH) to Murcia, Spain - San Javier (MJV) on airberlin