About this flight
The carrier: Ryanair
The big daddy of them all, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair maintains the most awe-inspiring route map and tends to add new destinations (and cancel unprofitable routes) at blistering, breakneck speed. Founded in 1985, Ryanair was Europe's original low fares airline and is still Europe's largest low fares carrier. At current count, Ryanair operates well over 1000 routes, from Inverness to Brindisi; Tampere to Tenerife.
It's easy to have lots of opinions about Ryanair; we certainly do. It's a big monster of an airline. We've been pleased as punch on Ryanair, psyched to take advantage of insanely cheap fares, and we've also been annoyed beyond belief with the airline, distressed by enormous surcharges on too-heavy luggage and staff who appear to be completely clueless.
With Ryanair more than with the other airlines we describe here, it pays to be informed about potential penalties and pitfalls.
Massive number of destinations. Really cheap fares.
Numerous extra charges when booking. Customer care isn't a priority. Food prices on board very steep.
* Carry-on: One piece of luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 3 bags with a combined weight of 15 kg. If booked on-line using Ryanair, the first bag is €15 and the second and third bags are €20 each. Over 15 kg, €15 per kg at the airport. Please note that Ryanair increases the price by €5 in July and August.
* Please visit Ryanair’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Since Ryanair is free for all when it comes to landing seats, it can sometimes be worth it to pay the €5 for priority boarding. In advance, book priority boarding status online, if you hold an EU passport.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you check in at the airport, you will also incur a €5 fee. The fee is €10 at the airport. Note that American passengers can only check in at the airport. Online check-in is available from 15 days to 4 hours before departure. The boarding pass can be printed until 40 minutes before departure. If you lose your pass then you will have to pay a fee to have a new one reissued. Bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure, so if you check-in online you must make sure to have your bags in on time.
Book online whenever possible because fees are significantly reduced. Also familiarize yourself with Ryanair's table of fees.more...
Departure: Chambery, France - Chambéry-Savoie (CMF)
Chambéry Airport or "Aéroport de Chambéry-Savoie," also known as "Aix les Bains Airport," provides budget service mainly to provides budget service and is particularly busy during winter, providing easy access to surrounding ski resorts.
Chambéry Airport is a small international airport near Chambéry, a commune in Savoie, France.
• Bus: Coach buses to and from the airport are available, travelers can purchase tickets online. They can also be purchased across from the information desk. The airport also offers coaches to nearby Savoie ski resorts. These tickets can be booked online at the airport’s website.
• Taxi: The taxi stand is found in front of the terminal building. The fare is usually €20 to and from the airport and Chambery’s city center. The trip usually takes about 10 minutes.
There is a restaurant and bar on the upper level, as well a section of arcade games. The shops are located in the departure lounge and across from the airport information desk.more...
Arrival: Cardiff, United Kingdom - Cardiff Wales (CWL)
Cardiff International Airport or "Maes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd" is Wales' main airport which services Cardiff, South Wales, and West Wales. Location: Cardiff International Airport is located in Rhoose, 20 km (12 miles) west of Cardiff city center. Transport: - Rail: A free shuttle bus (as long as travelers have a valid train ticket) connects the airport to the Cardiff Central Station. The shuttle leaves every 10 minutes. Trains run every hour in each direction between Cardiff Central Station and Rhoose Cardiff International Station. A rail link also connects Rhoose Cardiff International Airport to Bridgend. - Bus: The Cardiff Bus service runs between Cardiff Central Station and the airport hourly. EST Transport operates every hour in the evening between Cardiff Central Station and Cardiff International Airport via Barry and Dinas Powys. Cardiff Airbus Xpress service X91 operates between Cardiff Central station and Cardiff International Airport hourly as well. - Taxi: Checker Cars, the taxi company providing 24 hour service to the airport, can be found outside the Arrivals Hall. A taxi booking office is located outside the Arrivals Hall as well. Service: There are several options in the airport when it comes to eating and shopping. For convenience there are also ATMs throughout the airport. The currency exchange is found on the first floor by the baggage claim. Other facilities include a baby care lounge, play center, and two games zones equipped with arcade machines. more...
Other flights between these cities
- Chambery, France - Chambéry-Savoie (CMF) to Bristol, United Kingdom - Bristol International (BRS) on Ryanair
- Chambery, France - Chambéry-Savoie (CMF) to Exeter, United Kingdom - Exeter International (EXT) on Flybe
- Geneva, Switzerland - Geneva Cointrin International (GVA) to Bristol, United Kingdom - Bristol International (BRS) on easyJet
- Geneva, Switzerland - Geneva Cointrin International (GVA) to Exeter, United Kingdom - Exeter International (EXT) on Flybe
- Grenoble, France - Grenoble-Isère (GNB) to Bristol, United Kingdom - Bristol International (BRS) on easyJet
- Grenoble, France - Grenoble-Isère (GNB) to Bristol, United Kingdom - Bristol International (BRS) on Ryanair
- Grenoble, France - Grenoble-Isère (GNB) to Cardiff, United Kingdom - Cardiff Wales (CWL) on Ryanair
- Lyon, France - Saint-Exupéry International Airport (LYS) to Bristol, United Kingdom - Bristol International (BRS) on easyJet