About this flight
The carrier: Ryanair
The big daddy of them all, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair maintains the most awe-inspiring route map and tends to add new destinations (and cancel unprofitable routes) at blistering, breakneck speed. Founded in 1985, Ryanair was Europe's original low fares airline and is still Europe's largest low fares carrier. At current count, Ryanair operates well over 1000 routes, from Inverness to Brindisi; Tampere to Tenerife.
It's easy to have lots of opinions about Ryanair; we certainly do. It's a big monster of an airline. We've been pleased as punch on Ryanair, psyched to take advantage of insanely cheap fares, and we've also been annoyed beyond belief with the airline, distressed by enormous surcharges on too-heavy luggage and staff who appear to be completely clueless.
With Ryanair more than with the other airlines we describe here, it pays to be informed about potential penalties and pitfalls.
Massive number of destinations. Really cheap fares.
Numerous extra charges when booking. Customer care isn't a priority. Food prices on board very steep.
* Carry-on: One piece of luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 3 bags with a combined weight of 15 kg. If booked on-line using Ryanair, the first bag is €15 and the second and third bags are €20 each. Over 15 kg, €15 per kg at the airport. Please note that Ryanair increases the price by €5 in July and August.
* Please visit Ryanair’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Since Ryanair is free for all when it comes to landing seats, it can sometimes be worth it to pay the €5 for priority boarding. In advance, book priority boarding status online, if you hold an EU passport.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you check in at the airport, you will also incur a €5 fee. The fee is €10 at the airport. Note that American passengers can only check in at the airport. Online check-in is available from 15 days to 4 hours before departure. The boarding pass can be printed until 40 minutes before departure. If you lose your pass then you will have to pay a fee to have a new one reissued. Bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure, so if you check-in online you must make sure to have your bags in on time.
Book online whenever possible because fees are significantly reduced. Also familiarize yourself with Ryanair's table of fees.more...
Departure: Granada, Spain - Granada International (GRX)
Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport, also known as Granada International Airport, serves the province and city of Granada, Spain. The new name is after the poet from Granada who associates his name with both Granada and Jaén to promote the presence of both Andalusian provinces in the international community. The airport maintains a scheduled traffic link with Barcelona and Madrid. Location: Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport is located in the region of La Vega del Genil, 17 km from Granada and 106 km from Jaén. Transport: - Bus: Public buses to and from the Grenada city center are available. These buses cost €3 each way and their schedules coincide with flight arrivals. To reach the airport from Granada, buses depart from Palacio de Congresos. For more information consult the bus company’s Official Website. Another bus is available that runs three daily journeys from Jaén to the airport and two daily journeys from the airport to Jaén. - Taxi: Taxis can be found outside the arrivals area. Service: Airport facilities include a cafeteria and restaurant, car hires, and shops.more...
Arrival: Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL)
Liverpool John Lennon Airport, formerly known as Speke Airport and RAF Speke, serves the English city of Liverpool. In 2002 the airport was renamed in honor of John Lennon, a founding member of The Beatles (the group is from Liverpool). Twenty-two years after his death, a seven-foot bronze statue was erected near the check-in area. In recent years it has been one of Europe's fastest growing airports. Location: Liverpool John Lennon Airport is located 13 km (eight miles) southeast of Liverpool. Transport: - Rail: Inexpensive buses run regularly between the airport and many local railway stations. For information and schedules, check the rail Website. - Bus: Multiple buses are available in front of the main airport terminal building. The Airlink 500 line goes to the Liverpool City Center stopping at a few stations on the way. The line operates Monday through Friday every 20 minutes during the day. On weekends and evenings the line runs every 30 minutes. The Airlink 700 provides express services (limited stops and connections) and operates every hour from early morning to late night. Bus connections are also available between the airport and nearby rail stations. - Taxi: The taxi rank is located just outside the entrance of the airport terminal. Private hire vehicles must operate within the nearby short stay parking lot. The trip from the airport into the Liverpool city center takes about 20 minutes. Service: This airport has various shops, cafes, and restaurants. Throughout the terminal there are five currency exchanges and Wi-Fi internet service. A multi-faith prayer room is also available. more...
Other flights between these cities
- Granada, Spain - Granada International (GRX) to Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) on Ryanair
- Granada, Spain - Granada International (GRX) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Ryanair
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) on Jet2
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Blackpool, United Kingdom - Blackpool International (BLK) on Ryanair
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) on easyJet
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Liverpool, United Kingdom - Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) on Ryanair
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Jet2
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Monarch
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Thomsonfly
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on easyJet
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Flybe
- Malaga, Spain (AGP) to Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN) on Ryanair