About this flight
The carrier: Ryanair
The big daddy of them all, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair maintains the most awe-inspiring route map and tends to add new destinations (and cancel unprofitable routes) at blistering, breakneck speed. Founded in 1985, Ryanair was Europe's original low fares airline and is still Europe's largest low fares carrier. At current count, Ryanair operates well over 1000 routes, from Inverness to Brindisi; Tampere to Tenerife.
It's easy to have lots of opinions about Ryanair; we certainly do. It's a big monster of an airline. We've been pleased as punch on Ryanair, psyched to take advantage of insanely cheap fares, and we've also been annoyed beyond belief with the airline, distressed by enormous surcharges on too-heavy luggage and staff who appear to be completely clueless.
With Ryanair more than with the other airlines we describe here, it pays to be informed about potential penalties and pitfalls.
Massive number of destinations. Really cheap fares.
Numerous extra charges when booking. Customer care isn't a priority. Food prices on board very steep.
* Carry-on: One piece of luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 3 bags with a combined weight of 15 kg. If booked on-line using Ryanair, the first bag is €15 and the second and third bags are €20 each. Over 15 kg, €15 per kg at the airport. Please note that Ryanair increases the price by €5 in July and August.
* Please visit Ryanair’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Since Ryanair is free for all when it comes to landing seats, it can sometimes be worth it to pay the €5 for priority boarding. In advance, book priority boarding status online, if you hold an EU passport.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you check in at the airport, you will also incur a €5 fee. The fee is €10 at the airport. Note that American passengers can only check in at the airport. Online check-in is available from 15 days to 4 hours before departure. The boarding pass can be printed until 40 minutes before departure. If you lose your pass then you will have to pay a fee to have a new one reissued. Bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure, so if you check-in online you must make sure to have your bags in on time.
Book online whenever possible because fees are significantly reduced. Also familiarize yourself with Ryanair's table of fees.more...
Departure: Lille, France - Lesquin (LIL)
Lille Lesquin International Airport (LIL) is an airport in Lesquin, near Lille, France.
Location: Lille Lesquin International Airport is located 10 minutes from the center of Lille and its railway stations. The airport is also at the heart of the motorway network linking the major cities of Europe and on the Belgian border, 15 minutes from Courtrai and 45 minutes from Gand.
- Rail: Rail service is accessible by shuttle. The stop is located opposite the arrivals hall.
- Bus: The airport shuttle stop is located in front of the main entrance of the Euralille shopping centre, at the bus stop marked "Liaison Aéroport." The duration of the shuttle trips are often approximately 20 minutes.
- Taxi: Several taxi companies offer regular services to Lille Airport.
Service: The airport includes shops, newsstands, car hires and restaurants for the convenience of its travelers. The airport offers Wi-Fi access.more...
Arrival: Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN)
Toulon-Hyères Airport or "Aéroport de Toulon – Hyères" is also known as "Hyères Le Palyvestre Airport." The airport is characterised by its position on the French Riviera, a few yards away from the Port of Hyères and the Mediterranean sea.
Location: Toulon-Hyères Airport is located 18 kilometers (11 miles) southeast of Toulon and 3 kilometers (1 mile) southeast of Hyères, both communes in the Var département of France.
- Boat: Shuttle boats are available to and from the airport. You can reach the Golden Isles of Hyères by boat from either the Port of Hyères (1 kilometer away from the airport) or from La Tour Fondue (Giens Peninsula, 8 kilometers from the airport).
- Bus: Shuttle buses allow you to reach or leave the airport according to plane schedules. Direct services linking the airport to the town centers of Hyères and Toulon. A minimum of five scheduled return journey services are provided daily.
- Taxi: The taxi station is located outside the terminal when leaving the arrival hall.
Services: The information desk is located in the departures hall, with a separate desk in the arrivals hall to greet incoming passengers. Wi-Fi access is available in the terminal. The airport also offers a souvenir and duty-free shop, an ATM, a newsagent, a bar and a restaurant.
Other flights between these cities
- Antwerp, Belgium - Deurne (ANR) to Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) on Ryanair
- Antwerp, Belgium - Deurne (ANR) to Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) on Ryanair
- Brussels, Belgium - Charleroi (CRL) to Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) on Ryanair
- Brussels, Belgium - National (BRU) to Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) on Ryanair
- Brussels, Belgium - Charleroi (CRL) to Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) on Ryanair
- Brussels, Belgium - Charleroi (CRL) to Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) on Jetairfly
- Brussels, Belgium - National (BRU) to Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) on Jetairfly
- Brussels, Belgium - National (BRU) to Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) on Ryanair
- Lille, France - Lesquin (LIL) to Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) on Ryanair