About this flight
The carrier: Ryanair
The big daddy of them all, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair maintains the most awe-inspiring route map and tends to add new destinations (and cancel unprofitable routes) at blistering, breakneck speed. Founded in 1985, Ryanair was Europe's original low fares airline and is still Europe's largest low fares carrier. At current count, Ryanair operates well over 1000 routes, from Inverness to Brindisi; Tampere to Tenerife.
It's easy to have lots of opinions about Ryanair; we certainly do. It's a big monster of an airline. We've been pleased as punch on Ryanair, psyched to take advantage of insanely cheap fares, and we've also been annoyed beyond belief with the airline, distressed by enormous surcharges on too-heavy luggage and staff who appear to be completely clueless.
With Ryanair more than with the other airlines we describe here, it pays to be informed about potential penalties and pitfalls.
Massive number of destinations. Really cheap fares.
Numerous extra charges when booking. Customer care isn't a priority. Food prices on board very steep.
* Carry-on: One piece of luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 3 bags with a combined weight of 15 kg. If booked on-line using Ryanair, the first bag is €15 and the second and third bags are €20 each. Over 15 kg, €15 per kg at the airport. Please note that Ryanair increases the price by €5 in July and August.
* Please visit Ryanair’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Since Ryanair is free for all when it comes to landing seats, it can sometimes be worth it to pay the €5 for priority boarding. In advance, book priority boarding status online, if you hold an EU passport.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you check in at the airport, you will also incur a €5 fee. The fee is €10 at the airport. Note that American passengers can only check in at the airport. Online check-in is available from 15 days to 4 hours before departure. The boarding pass can be printed until 40 minutes before departure. If you lose your pass then you will have to pay a fee to have a new one reissued. Bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure, so if you check-in online you must make sure to have your bags in on time.
Book online whenever possible because fees are significantly reduced. Also familiarize yourself with Ryanair's table of fees.more...
Departure: Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS)
Marseille Provence Airport or "Aéroport de Marseille Provence," also known as Marseille-Marignane Airport, opened its new terminal MP2 for budget airlines in September 2006.
Location: Marseille Provence Airport is located 21 kilometers (13 miles) northwest of Marseille, on the territory of Marignane, both communes of the Bouches-du-Rhône département in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur région of France.
- Bus: There are shuttle buses from the airport to Marseille St. Charles railway station and to Aix-en-Provence bus and TGV train stations. These shuttle trips usually last about 30 minutes.
- Taxi: Taxis are available daily and usually range from about €46 in the day and €57 at night. They can also be ordered in advance through the taxi booking Web site.
Services: There are various bars, restaurants and shops available inside the airport. The airport also has Wi-Fi access within the main terminal building. In terminal MP2, there are phones and ATMs but no internet access.more...
Arrival: London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN)
The name Stansted is synonymous with low-cost carriers. A massive hub for Ryanair, Stansted also serves as a hub for easyJet, Air Berlin, and nine other budget airlines. It's London's third-biggest airport. Location: London-Stansted Airport is located 48 km (30 miles) northeast of London. Transport: - Rail: The Stansted Express provides a 45-minute train journey to Liverpool Street Station. National Express offers service to London Stratford and Lea Valley Stations. For more information on timetables and rates check the National Express Official Website. Cross-country trains serve destinations to the Midlands and the North. - Bus: The Terravision express bus provides a 75-minute journey to Victoria, and the National Express bus line offers 90-minute journeys to Victoria, Liverpool, and Stratford Stations. There are also numerous other local buses that stop at the airport. Transfers can be made through Easybus as well. - Taxi: Checker Cars taxi company serves Stansted airport and operates service to London and other destinations. The taxis can be found outside the terminal building. For more information consult the Website. Service:There's an information desk in the international arrivals area as well as courtesy telephones throughout the terminal. Wi-Fi internet access is available too. In addition, the airport has multiple ATMs, a currency exchange, many restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. Other airport facilities include a baby changing area, showers, and a multi-faith chapel.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Avignon, France - Avignon Caumont (AVN) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on Ryanair
- Avignon, France - Avignon Caumont (AVN) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Flybe
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on easyJet
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Ryanair
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Germanwings
- Marseille, France - Marseille Provence Airport (MRS) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- Nimes, France - Nimes-Arles-Camargue (FNI) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on Ryanair
- Nimes, France - Nimes-Arles-Camargue (FNI) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- St. Tropez, France - La Mole (LTT) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Ryanair
- Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Toulon, France - Hyeres (TLN) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) - 45km (28 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)