About this flight
The carrier: Ryanair
The big daddy of them all, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair maintains the most awe-inspiring route map and tends to add new destinations (and cancel unprofitable routes) at blistering, breakneck speed. Founded in 1985, Ryanair was Europe's original low fares airline and is still Europe's largest low fares carrier. At current count, Ryanair operates well over 1000 routes, from Inverness to Brindisi; Tampere to Tenerife.
It's easy to have lots of opinions about Ryanair; we certainly do. It's a big monster of an airline. We've been pleased as punch on Ryanair, psyched to take advantage of insanely cheap fares, and we've also been annoyed beyond belief with the airline, distressed by enormous surcharges on too-heavy luggage and staff who appear to be completely clueless.
With Ryanair more than with the other airlines we describe here, it pays to be informed about potential penalties and pitfalls.
Massive number of destinations. Really cheap fares.
Numerous extra charges when booking. Customer care isn't a priority. Food prices on board very steep.
* Carry-on: One piece of luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 3 bags with a combined weight of 15 kg. If booked on-line using Ryanair, the first bag is €15 and the second and third bags are €20 each. Over 15 kg, €15 per kg at the airport. Please note that Ryanair increases the price by €5 in July and August.
* Please visit Ryanair’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Since Ryanair is free for all when it comes to landing seats, it can sometimes be worth it to pay the €5 for priority boarding. In advance, book priority boarding status online, if you hold an EU passport.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you check in at the airport, you will also incur a €5 fee. The fee is €10 at the airport. Note that American passengers can only check in at the airport. Online check-in is available from 15 days to 4 hours before departure. The boarding pass can be printed until 40 minutes before departure. If you lose your pass then you will have to pay a fee to have a new one reissued. Bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure, so if you check-in online you must make sure to have your bags in on time.
Book online whenever possible because fees are significantly reduced. Also familiarize yourself with Ryanair's table of fees.more...
Departure: Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
Palma de Mallorca Airport or "Aeropuerto de Palma de Mallorca," previously known as Son Sant Joan Airport or "Aeropuerto de Son Sant Joan," is the third largest airport in Spain. During the summer months Palma de Mallorca Airport becomes one of the busiest airports in Europe. Also, the airport serves as a hub for German budget carrier airberlin. Location: Palma de Mallorca Airport is an airport located approximately 8 km east of Palma de Mallorca, adjacent to the village C'an Pastilla. Transport: - Bus: The Airport Bus runs through central Palma de Mallorca. The trip should take roughly 30 minutes. The buses leave from the Palma Airport Arrivals floor across from the main parking structure every 15 minutes. - Taxi: Taxis can be found outside of the Arrivals Hall. Taxi companies serving the city center include Fono Taxi, Radio Taxi, and Taxi Palma Radio. The journey from the airport to the city is around 15 minutes. Keep in mind that there are additional supplementary fees for airport transport. Service: There are multiple information desks which can be found in the Arrivals Hall, Departures Hall and check-in. There is also a tourist information desk on the ground floor. The terminal has a bank, multiple ATMs and a post office. There are numerous bars and restaurants at the airport, which include a 24-hour bar and a 24-hour cafeteria. Various shops can be found in the airport as well. Other airport facilities include a 24-hour first aid, a pharmacy, and a children’s room. more...
Arrival: Bournemouth, United Kingdom - Bournemouth Intl (BOH)
Bournemouth Airport, previously known as Hurn Airport, became the hub for low cost airline Thomsonfly in 2005. EasyJet, Airberlin, and Ryanair also began services at the airport followed by Wizzair in 2007. These low cost carriers have noticeably increased airport traffic in recent years. Location: Bournemouth Airport is located 8km northeast of Bournemouth, England in the borough of Christchurch. Transport: - Rail: Travelers can use the Bournemouth Station for rail access to the airport. The station is located at the Travel Interchange (which is also served by an hourly shuttle bus). For the latest timetable information and to book online visit the Official Website. - Bus: A shuttle services runs between the airport and the Bournemouth town center every hour from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., all week. The journey takes about 15 minutes. Service: In the airport there is an information desk, a couple of shops and restaurants, as well as a currency exchange. more...
Other flights between these cities
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Bournemouth, United Kingdom - Bournemouth Intl (BOH) on Thomsonfly
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Bristol, United Kingdom - Bristol International (BRS) on easyJet
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Bristol, United Kingdom - Bristol International (BRS) on Thomsonfly
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Exeter, United Kingdom - Exeter International (EXT) on Flybe
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Exeter, United Kingdom - Exeter International (EXT) on Thomsonfly
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Flybe
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Thomsonfly
There are no other airports within 110km (68 miles) of Palma de Mallorca, Spain - Palma de Mallorca (PMI)