About this flight
The carrier: Ryanair
The big daddy of them all, Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair maintains the most awe-inspiring route map and tends to add new destinations (and cancel unprofitable routes) at blistering, breakneck speed. Founded in 1985, Ryanair was Europe's original low fares airline and is still Europe's largest low fares carrier. At current count, Ryanair operates well over 1000 routes, from Inverness to Brindisi; Tampere to Tenerife.
It's easy to have lots of opinions about Ryanair; we certainly do. It's a big monster of an airline. We've been pleased as punch on Ryanair, psyched to take advantage of insanely cheap fares, and we've also been annoyed beyond belief with the airline, distressed by enormous surcharges on too-heavy luggage and staff who appear to be completely clueless.
With Ryanair more than with the other airlines we describe here, it pays to be informed about potential penalties and pitfalls.
Massive number of destinations. Really cheap fares.
Numerous extra charges when booking. Customer care isn't a priority. Food prices on board very steep.
* Carry-on: One piece of luggage not to exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 3 bags with a combined weight of 15 kg. If booked on-line using Ryanair, the first bag is €15 and the second and third bags are €20 each. Over 15 kg, €15 per kg at the airport. Please note that Ryanair increases the price by €5 in July and August.
* Please visit Ryanair’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Since Ryanair is free for all when it comes to landing seats, it can sometimes be worth it to pay the €5 for priority boarding. In advance, book priority boarding status online, if you hold an EU passport.
Check-in and Ticketing
If you check in at the airport, you will also incur a €5 fee. The fee is €10 at the airport. Note that American passengers can only check in at the airport. Online check-in is available from 15 days to 4 hours before departure. The boarding pass can be printed until 40 minutes before departure. If you lose your pass then you will have to pay a fee to have a new one reissued. Bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure, so if you check-in online you must make sure to have your bags in on time.
Book online whenever possible because fees are significantly reduced. Also familiarize yourself with Ryanair's table of fees.more...
Departure: Pisa, Italy - Pisa Gal Galilei (PSA)
Galileo Galilei International Airport is named after Galileo Galilei, the famous scientist and native of Pisa. The airport serves Pisa, but also functions as a secondary (or primary, depending on who you ask!) airport for nearby Florence.
Galileo Galilei International Airport is located 1.5 kilometers (1 mile) south of Pisa in the San Giusto neighborhood.
•Rail: Trains run from the railway station next to the terminal, with services to Lucca via Pisa Centrale, Florence (Firenze SMN) via Pisa Centrale, Pontedera and Empoli, as well as a service to Florence via Montecatini and Pistoia.
•Bus: Buses carry passengers to various stops in the city center, and leaves from outside the Arrivals hall and from the Cassa Parcheggi, outside the Departures hall.
•Taxi: The Pisa taxi cooperative known as the CO.TA.PI, and Radio Taxi both run a 24-hour taxi service from the airport. CO.TA.PI has a collective taxi running to the Pisa Centrale railway station and Ospedale Santa Chiara for a flat rate.
The airport information desk in the Arrivals hall provides tourist and flight info, and one can purchase rail and bus tickets there. The tourist information desk can be found outside the Arrivals Hall. There is a bar on the ground floor, and two restaurants on the first floor. Most of the shops are located in the La Corte shopping area. A tax-free shop is located in Departures.
There is a post office in the airport, and a bank that has an ATM, as well as a currency exchange machine. The airport provides a First Aid Station, and an Air Health Office, which offers vaccinations. Other facilities include a children's play area.more...
Arrival: London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN)
The name Stansted is synonymous with low-cost carriers. A massive hub for Ryanair, Stansted also serves as a hub for easyJet, Air Berlin, and nine other budget airlines. It's London's third-biggest airport. Location: London-Stansted Airport is located 48 km (30 miles) northeast of London. Transport: - Rail: The Stansted Express provides a 45-minute train journey to Liverpool Street Station. National Express offers service to London Stratford and Lea Valley Stations. For more information on timetables and rates check the National Express Official Website. Cross-country trains serve destinations to the Midlands and the North. - Bus: The Terravision express bus provides a 75-minute journey to Victoria, and the National Express bus line offers 90-minute journeys to Victoria, Liverpool, and Stratford Stations. There are also numerous other local buses that stop at the airport. Transfers can be made through Easybus as well. - Taxi: Checker Cars taxi company serves Stansted airport and operates service to London and other destinations. The taxis can be found outside the terminal building. For more information consult the Website. Service:There's an information desk in the international arrivals area as well as courtesy telephones throughout the terminal. Wi-Fi internet access is available too. In addition, the airport has multiple ATMs, a currency exchange, many restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. Other airport facilities include a baby changing area, showers, and a multi-faith chapel.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Florence, Italy - Peretola Airport (FLR) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Ryanair
- Florence, Italy - Peretola Airport (FLR) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- Pisa, Italy - Pisa Gal Galilei (PSA) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on easyJet
- Pisa, Italy - Pisa Gal Galilei (PSA) to London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) on Thomsonfly
- Pisa, Italy - Pisa Gal Galilei (PSA) to London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) on easyJet
- Pisa, Italy - Pisa Gal Galilei (PSA) to London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) on Germanwings
- Pisa, Italy - Pisa Gal Galilei (PSA) to Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) on Ryanair
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) - 45km (28 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)