About this flight
The carrier: Thomsonfly
Upside Route map is broad and strong. Downside Many destinations are seasonal. Narrow seats (especially for long-hauls). About Owned by the massive TUI holiday group, UK budget carrier Thomsonfly flies from 11 hubs in the United Kingdom (most of these within England) to almost 80 destinations beyond the British Isles. Thomsonfly straddles the line between city and beach destinations, having it both ways. The airline is particularly strong to Spain, Greece, Italy, and Bulgaria—in that order. Thomsonfly also flies long haul to a range of destinations in the Americas, Asia, and Africa. Baggage * Carry-on: One item of hand luggage not to exceed 5 kg. Note: Laptops count as your one item. * Checked: You may pre-book up to 5 bags at a rate of €10 per item or bag. Prices double at the airport. Total weight must not exceed 20 kg. Excess charges will apply in this case. Seating Seats are assigned on a first-come first-serve basis at check-in. Contact the call center to choose a seat ahead of time (€6) or to book an extra seat (€15). Tip Be very careful when booking for extra legroom, as it is not guaranteed that you will get what you pay for. more...
Departure: London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN)
In Brief: London Luton is another of London's budget airline-friendly airports. It serves as a hub for Ryanair, easyJet, WizzAir, Thomsonfly, and Monarch, and also serves Aer Arann and Flybe. It is located just under 50 km (about 30 miles) north of London. Transportation: The airport offers a free shuttle to the Luton Airport Parkway station, where the Thameslink train speeds passengers into King's Cross Station in 35 minutes (£12.10.) EasyBus runs a 90-minute shuttle to a location on Buckingham Palace Road near Victoria Station. Fares technically begin at £2, but we've found fares more commonly to be around £5. There's also a Greenline (Arriva) bus connection, which charges £12 for a 35-minute journey to the City of London.more...
Arrival: Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA)
Gran Canaria Airport or "Aeropuerto de Gran Canaria," formerly known as Gando Airport is located on Gran Canaria Island, Spain, in the Canary Islands off the west coast of Africa. The airport is Spain's fifth busiest as well as the largest in the Canary Island (the only airport with more than one runway). It also serves as an emergency landing site for the Space Shuttle. This airport is an essential part of the tourism in the Canary Islands.
Gran Canaria Airport is located to the east of Gran Canaria on the Bay of Gando or "Bahía de Gando," about 18 km (11 mi) from the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, and 25 km (15 mi) from the popular tourist areas in the south.
• Bus: The location of bus stops for buses from the city are in zones A and C (departures) and at the center of the terminal (arrivals) for buses to the city. For specific information regarding scheduling and fares consult the bus company’s Official Website.
• Taxi: Gran Canaria taxis can be found outside all three arrival zones.
There are multiple shops and places to eat for travelers at the airport. Other services include ATMs, a bank, an internet café, and a currency exchange. There is an information desk in each zone as well as a tourism desk in the EU Arrivals Hall. There is also a 24-hour medical service, a pharmacy, baby rooms, a children’s play room, a chapel, and a mini-supermarket. Gran Canaria Airport also offers airport tours which give travelers tips and bits of the island's aviation history.more...
Other flights between these cities
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on easyJet
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Monarch
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Norwegian Air Shuttle
- London, United Kingdom - Luton Apt (LTN) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Monarch
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) to Gran Canaria, Spain - Las Palmas (LPA) on Thomsonfly
- London, United Kingdom - London City Apt (LCY) - 13km (8 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW) - 40km (25 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Heathrow (LHR) - 23km (15 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Southend (SEN) - 58km (36 miles)
- London, United Kingdom - Stansted (STN) - 50km (31 miles)
- Southampton, United Kingdom - Southampton (SOU) - 105km (65 miles)