About this flight
The carrier: Transavia
Transavia is the low-cost wing of the KLM/Air France group. With hubs in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Paris and Eindhoven, it flies to the standard range of European holiday haunts, both cities for culture-oriented weekend breaks and sunny spots for warm getaways.
As such, Transavia is especially strong with its routes to Greece, Morocco, Turkey, and insular Portugal (Madeira) and Spain (Arrecife, Las Palmas and Tenerife). Transavia operates, on balance, a more pleasant onboard experience than that offered by many other low-cost airlines.
Founded in 1965, Transavia began flying in 1966 from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. The airline became a subsidiary of KLM in 1991. In 2006, Transavia transformed its look with new cabin crew uniforms, as well as smart new designs, inside and outside the aircraft.
Nice, broad balance of destinations.
Functions as a charter airline on many routes. After additional fees are added during the booking process, the final ticket price will often be double the amount originally quoted. Frequent delays.
* Carry-on: Up to 5 kg of hand luggage plus one personal item (book, coat)
* Checked: Up to 20 kg of luggage; €10 per additional kg.
* Please visit Transavia’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You may choose seats at the time of your on-line booking. At the airport, Transavia operates a first-come first-serve policy at check-in.
Checking and Ticketing
Online check in is available for the 24 hours prior to departure if you are flying from certain airports. It is available for passengers with and without hold baggage.
Sign up for Transavia's free e-mail newsletterwhich alerts you to fare deals and money-saving offers. Be cautious using this carrier if you are on a tight schedule or have connecting flights.more...
Departure: Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC)
Alicante International Airport or "Aeropuerto Internacional de Alicante," originally named "El Altet," is the main airport for the regions of Alicante and Murcia in Spain. Alicante is a major charter airline destination, absorbing huge numbers of flights from Germany, the UK, and other points across Europe's north. Alicante is the Costa Blanca's main airport, and delivers sun-hungry tourists to coastal holiday enclaves.
Alicante International Airport is located about 9 km southwest of the city of Alicante.
• Tram: There are trams available that will take you to and from the airport and nearby coastal communities and resorts.
• Bus: The C6 bus to Alicante costs €1 and runs every 40 minutes. For more information look at the official website of SuBus. There are eight buses a day between the airport and Benidorm. Tickets cost €7; and the journey lasts one hour. There are also eight buses a day between the airport and Murcia. The journey costs €4.24 and takes about 90 minutes. Up to date schedules can be found on the ALSA Website.
• Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport and the fare should be between €15-20 from the airport to Alicante. Fares increase slightly at night. For the most up to date information consult the Taxi company’s Official Website.
New airport services are constantly being upgraded in order to be sufficient for the growing number of travelers that pass through Alicante every year. Currently there are multiple shops and restaurants available for the convenience of travelers. There are four information points for passengers in the airport. Other airport facilities include a post office and bank.more...
Arrival: Rotterdam, Netherlands - Rotterdam (RTM)
Rotterdam Airport is the third busiest airport in the Netherlands. Location: Rotterdam airport is located 8 km (5 miles) northwest of Rotterdam. Transport: - Bus: The bus station in front of the main terminal building offers RET Airport Shuttle #33 service. The #33 runs frequently between the airport and Rotterdam Central Station; the trip lasts about 20 minutes. - Taxi: The taxi rank is located in front of the Arrivals Hall. Service: There is an information desk in the transit hall as well as Wi-Fi Internet access, public telephones, and ATMs throughout the airport. Other services include currency exchange, dining, and shops. more...
Other flights between these cities
- Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) to Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) on Transavia
- Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) to Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) on airberlin
- Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) to Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) on Vueling
- Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) to Eindhoven, Netherlands - Eindhoven (EIN) on Transavia
- Alicante, Spain - Alicante International Airport (ALC) to Eindhoven, Netherlands - Eindhoven (EIN) on Ryanair
- Murcia, Spain - San Javier (MJV) to Eindhoven, Netherlands - Eindhoven (EIN) on Ryanair