About this flight
The carrier: Transavia
Transavia is the low-cost wing of the KLM/Air France group. With hubs in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Paris and Eindhoven, it flies to the standard range of European holiday haunts, both cities for culture-oriented weekend breaks and sunny spots for warm getaways.
As such, Transavia is especially strong with its routes to Greece, Morocco, Turkey, and insular Portugal (Madeira) and Spain (Arrecife, Las Palmas and Tenerife). Transavia operates, on balance, a more pleasant onboard experience than that offered by many other low-cost airlines.
Founded in 1965, Transavia began flying in 1966 from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. The airline became a subsidiary of KLM in 1991. In 2006, Transavia transformed its look with new cabin crew uniforms, as well as smart new designs, inside and outside the aircraft.
Nice, broad balance of destinations.
Functions as a charter airline on many routes. After additional fees are added during the booking process, the final ticket price will often be double the amount originally quoted. Frequent delays.
* Carry-on: Up to 5 kg of hand luggage plus one personal item (book, coat)
* Checked: Up to 20 kg of luggage; €10 per additional kg.
* Please visit Transavia’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You may choose seats at the time of your on-line booking. At the airport, Transavia operates a first-come first-serve policy at check-in.
Checking and Ticketing
Online check in is available for the 24 hours prior to departure if you are flying from certain airports. It is available for passengers with and without hold baggage.
Sign up for Transavia's free e-mail newsletterwhich alerts you to fare deals and money-saving offers. Be cautious using this carrier if you are on a tight schedule or have connecting flights.more...
Departure: Rotterdam, Netherlands - Rotterdam (RTM)
Rotterdam Airport is the third busiest airport in the Netherlands. Location: Rotterdam airport is located 8 km (5 miles) northwest of Rotterdam. Transport: - Bus: The bus station in front of the main terminal building offers RET Airport Shuttle #33 service. The #33 runs frequently between the airport and Rotterdam Central Station; the trip lasts about 20 minutes. - Taxi: The taxi rank is located in front of the Arrivals Hall. Service: There is an information desk in the transit hall as well as Wi-Fi Internet access, public telephones, and ATMs throughout the airport. Other services include currency exchange, dining, and shops. more...
Arrival: Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona International (BCN)
Barcelona International Airport, also known as El Prat, is the main airport serving Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Barcelona is an extremely busy airport and during high season, it has a tendency to feel mobbed. The second busiest airport in Spain, it is also the primary base for Clickair and Vueling, two Spanish low-cost carriers, and serves many of Europe's other low-cost airlines. Over the years, future air traffic through Barcelona Airport has been increasing dramatically. As a result, plans for major improvements to both the airport's infrastructure and services are being conducted. These plans include a new terminal area, an expansion of the airfield and a new runway. Location: Barcelona International Airport is located 12 km away from the center of Barcelona, in El Prat de Llobregat. Transport: - Rail: Barcelona Airport is connected to the center city by train. The Aerobus train costs €2.50 and the RENFE train runs €3.45. Train journeys take about 40 minutes. For detailed information on airport connections to the Barcelona Metro System, as well as general maps and schedules, consult the metro's Official Website. - Bus: The night bus runs hourly from late night through early morning and costs just €1.25. The companies that serve Barcelona Airport include: EMT, ALSA, and Mon-Bus. Information on specific rates and schedules are available on their websites. You can also catch a bus to Lloret de Mar from Barcelona del Nord station in the city centre. They run very frequently and you can find a timetable and prices at the company’s Official Website. Bus service is available to the nearby country of Andorra as well (Andorra by bus). - Taxi: Taxi ranks are located outside the terminals. The journey to the city should take about a half hour. Keep in mind that fares change during holidays and nights. Airport and luggage supplements apply in addition to the fare. Service: Banks, currency exchanges, and ATMs can be found in both terminals as well as duty-free shops. Other shops include newsstands, bookstores and tobacconists. A post office can be found on the ground floor of Terminal B. Other airport facilities include a pharmacy, a 24-hour medical service, and children’s play areas.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) to Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona International (BCN) on Transavia
- Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) to Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona International (BCN) on airberlin
- Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) to Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona International (BCN) on Vueling
- Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) to Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona International (BCN) on easyJet
- Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol (AMS) to Girona, Spain - Costa Brava (GRO) on Transavia
- Eindhoven, Netherlands - Eindhoven (EIN) to Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona International (BCN) on Ryanair
- Eindhoven, Netherlands - Eindhoven (EIN) to Barcelona, Spain - Barcelona International (BCN) on Transavia
- Eindhoven, Netherlands - Eindhoven (EIN) to Girona, Spain - Costa Brava (GRO) on Ryanair
- Eindhoven, Netherlands - Eindhoven (EIN) to Reus, Spain (REU) on Ryanair
- Rotterdam, Netherlands - Rotterdam (RTM) to Girona, Spain - Costa Brava (GRO) on Transavia